cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Macro: Show value in dialog

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

I need to show the value of a computed auxiliary row in a dialog box. Upon manual execution in SDP94.

E.g.  in this case it is computation of Covariance X:Y range. So I need to show the value of the COV in a pop up box. The value is not stored in any planning area.

"The COV for your selection is 0.74"

I see the text in the dialog but  not the value... despite full ranges in the range of X and Y.

Thanks

Lok

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Lok

Did you tried the APO macro function Pop-UP.

Might be this will help you. Please find below one example for your reference.

Thanks

Amol

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Ada, Amol

I was unable to see the value in the pop-up. The value being fetched from an Aux row.

Anyway I have settled for a Aux row now. Makes it more transparent. Perhaps I need to use a layout variable and call it in pop up. I deleted my own macro. Do not want to create again.

Thanks

Lok

former_member245665
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Loknath Rao,

If you want to check the any Key figure value before or after execution of any macro in the planning book itself, use '=MSDP_DBLIST'-->It will give the every key figure value before and after execution of every macro. Just follow the below steps:

1. Load your selection in the planning book.

2. Type '=MADP_DBLIST' in the command box (t-code box) and press enter

-->here you can see the message "debugger is on' in the bottom of the screen

3.Now execute the required macro.-->once you clicked on macro, pop-up will appear with macro name before or after execution, key figures with old and new values....this way you can use this option to find any key figure value before or after execution of any macro..

Hope this perfectly Help you...

Thanks,

Venu

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member187488
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Lok,

Sorry but not sure what help you need.
Maybe you should paste your macro?
Is there problem with the calculation or with the popup function?

Best Regards,
Ada