cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to initialize a select query from a JAVA application to SAP, and receive results using JDBC adapter?

cbill
Explorer
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

I'm working on such a scenario that a JAVA application will need to initialize a query to SAP ERP, and update its backend database with the results from SAP system. I would like to use PI v7.11 as an messenger between the JAVA application and SAP ERP.

I understand that a JAVA application is easy to do a JDBC query and PI v7.11 has the JDBC adapter. So, is it possible to setup a PI JDBC receiver adapter to pass the SELECT JDBC query to SAP ERP, and return the result back to JAVA application? and how to configure the JDBC adapter?

Thank you

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member182412
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Biao,

If i understood correctly you want to query some data from ERP and update in third party system.

• From java application send the data to PI via soap adapter
  • From PI send the data to ERP via PROXY
  • With in the Proxy using standard BAPI or any other alternative retrieve the data and send the response back to PI via same proxy
  • From PI Send the response back to JAVA application using same SOAP call
  • It will be SOAP to PROXY synchronous scenario
  • In ERP side JDBC is not recommended only RFC or PROXY, between RFC and PROXY, PROXY is better.

Regards,

Praveen.

former_member190293
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Biao!

Please refer to this documents:

Configuring the Receiver JDBC Adapter - Partner Connectivity Kit - SAP Library

Document Formats for the Receiver JDBC Adapter - Partner Connectivity Kit - SAP Library

It describes formats of JDBC receiver messages and adapter settings.

Regards, Evgeniy.