cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP Personas Release 300 SP 0002: VA01 Screen Consolidation

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

We are currently on SAP Personas Release 300, SP 0002, Kernel Release 742, Kernel Patch 300, Client Note 2222774, Chrome Version 52.0.2743.116 m, IE Version: 10

With this setup, we are currently on adventure to consolidate VA01. However, we are seeing some issues with tab merge's. I would really appreciate any help. 

Issues:

1) On item screen (4003), we moved Shipping block from Shipping tab to tab Sales A and hid all the moved fields (except Plant, SLoc, Shipping Point, and Route). Screen renders perfectly well when we test it, as long as we select entries for Plant/SLoc/Shipping Pt/Route via F4 key. If we were to manually key in, any of these values and hit enter, we are bumping in to "Backend error occured" screen, at which point we are forced to sync it to move forward. I made sure we have screen overwrite entry for VA01/SAPMV45A/4003 as well as the control overwrite for SAPMV45A/wnd[0]/usr/tabsTAXI_TABSTRIP* . (In fact, we are seeing the issue even with a control over write created for the plant field)  . What am I missing in here?

2) As I said above, if we were to do an F4 on Plant field (moved from Shipping to Sales A tab), we are able to choose the plant. However, we are ending up on Shipping tab (which gets unhidden). Anyway, to make sure that this tab remains hidden, without having to have users click on some custom command button on Shipping tab which will take them back to Sales A and hide Shipping tab? onAfterRefresh on GuiMainWindow?

3) One other issue am seeing is on the initial overview, 4001, screen. On this screen, I am unable to hide the tabs. Browser (both Chrome & IE) dont even let me choose the tabs for hiding. I have hidden tabs, in VA31, VA01 Item, VA01 Header. So I dont think I am doing anything wrong on Overview screen. And I do have screen and control overwrites for VA01/SAPMV45A (wnd[0]/usr/tabsTAXI_TABSTRIP*). Am currently, working around this issue with a script onLoad.

Thx,

Ravi

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

tamas_hoznek
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Well, your environment is a bit old, so several things may play a role here. It would be nice if you could use SP03 instead of SP02 of course...

For SP02, kernel 7.42 patch 300 is the bare minimum and the recommended (maximum) patch level is 401. So the first action I'd suggest is trying if kernel patch 401 helps to avoid the 'backend error occurred' issue.

Make sure you only have the standard overwrite entries for VA01 and you don't add own ones for testing.

Also, check if the latest version of note 2222774 (the Personas client) is implemented. If you are behind, apply the latest version.

Lastly, we generally don't recommend using IE10 since Personas support for IE10 is limited.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks a lot Tamas for the feedback. I certainly owe you one .

The reason I had been switching between IE10 and Chrome is, on one transaction (VA32, I believe) I just couldnt hide the tabs on Chrome. IE10, did let me though. So, everytime I bump into one of these tab merge issues I try switching the browsers to see if that helps.

Thx,

Ravi

Answers (0)