Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Opening a URL from a POD button with passing replaceable parameters

former_member229176
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello,

I would like to open an external URL by current shop order as a parameter from POD Button.

To achieve this:

I have created a custom activity as type: External_URL and provided URL in Class/Program as shown below:

I have added a button on POD which in turns call this activity. I would like to pass current shop order as one of the parameters in the URL.

How can I achieve that?

Regards,

Soham

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

0 Kudos

Hi Soham,

External URL activity will not help you because it uses a static URL whereas you need to dynamically add a paramenter with its value. So, it looks as if you need a custom activity which can generate such link and then open it.

Regards,

Sergiy

former_member185234
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Soham, Read forum thread http://scn.sap.com/message/16742587#16742587 . it is possible to pass only SFC, Operation, Resource to external URL. If you know SFC you always can retrieve shop order name for SFC from database table SHOP_ORDER_SFC. Regards, Oksana

former_member229176
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks Oksana !!

Your approach definitely works .. I will be able to find Shop Order from SFC that is passed in URL parameter !!

Only issue I have here is, unlike External URL activity, this activity opens a new page in the popup area inside POD window ..

I would like to open this URL with parameter in a new browser window .. so that this new window and POD both are accessible.

Can I do that?

Thanks,

Soham

former_member185234
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Soham,

I remember that External URL didn't support this feature.

Regards,

Oksana

former_member229176
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Oksana,

Do you mean to say that ME won't support opening this custom activity that we have configured (/COM/SAP/ME/PRODUCTION/CLIENT/LEGACYPLUGIN.JSP) won't support the feature that it will allow us to open the page in new browser window?

EXTERNAL_URL activity does open the page in new browser window. But not the activity that we have configured.

Regards,

Soham

0 Kudos

As we wrote, External URL activity does not gove you what you need. Instead you should follow the approach mentioned by Oksana.

former_member229176
Participant
0 Kudos

Lol !

I guess I am not clear enough in explaining the issue.

Before I used External_URL to open a URL but then was not abler to pass URL parameters as you and Oksana mentioned.

So I followed Oksana's approach and performed following:

Create activity in Activity maintenance with such settings:

1. Class/Program value should be your path to MII Report, for example : %PROTOCOL%://%SERVER%:%PORT%/XMII/CM/Test/Apps/ZBackflushingOutboundQueueMonitor/view/ZBackflushingOutboundQueueView.irpt

Non needed to replace %PROTOCOL%://%SERVER%:%PORT% with actual values , core POD Plugin will do this automatically.

2. Type = Button/Plug-in GUI(.jsp)

3. Activity rule PLUGIN_URL= /COM/SAP/ME/PRODUCTION/CLIENT/LEGACYPLUGIN.JSP

4. Add as button to POD .

This works fine. When I click on button on POD, it opens the URL by passing relevant parameters.

Issue now is,  this URL gets open inside POD only in a popup window. Is there anyway I can open this URL in other browser window?

Regards,

Soham

0 Kudos

I doubt it is possible for LEGACYPLUGIN.JSP. As I remember, the activities utilizing this JSP have a limited implementation.

former_member185234
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Soham,

No, I don't think it is possible.

Regards,

Oksana

Answers (0)