Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Financial Planning - enhancements

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Can we do the following enhancements on Financial Planning screen on Item:

1. Add custom fields. Since it is mostly ALV grid, I am not sure there of any place on the screen..

2. Add a custom column before the 1st period starts

3. Remove the topmost row that shows totaled up values

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

francesco_pezzoli
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello,

I can reply to your third question. Maybe someone else can reply to the other two questions (I am not myself aware of any possibility to achieve what you are trying to do in the SAP Standard, but maybe someone else has different knowledge). On a general note, I would recommend that in future you do not place multiple questions in the same SCN thread, as this reduces legibility as well as the likelihood that you will get a reply to all questions.

The summation line to which you are referring belongs to ABAP ALV. I am aware of other SAP customers who wanted to make use of the functionalities provided by ALV yet did not want to see this summation line. This could only be achieved via a modification/enhancement which completely suppresses summation in the financial planning ALV (i.e. the modification would not just turn it off for the total line but also for all subtotals). This is a technical restriction and is unavoidable: Portfolio Management application has no way to switch off one and leave the other, as it uses the generic ABAP List Viewer tool and is limited by the restrictions of this tool. Unfortunately, the specific case where subtotals are required but the total should be suppressed is not foreseen by the current ABAP ALV standard.

If this is how you wish to proceed, you should look at method ALV_REFRESH_MODEL of view VI_PLANNING_ALV in WebDynpro component /RPM/FIN_CAP_PLANNING (see the coding line under comment "Aggregation rules", which is responsible for the summation).

If you prefer not to see the subtotals yet wish to suppress the totals line, I would suggest that you instead revert to the "old" planning screens (as opposed to the ALV). This option is open to you and is controlled via PPM global setting 0002/0016.

Regards

Francesco