cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When is Receiver Agreement not needed?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I was going through the BPM logs and in one of the logs Jai Shankar had suggested that "we don't need a receiver aggrement if our target MI is Abstract"

Now I have several questions

1. In what cases will the target MI be Abstract? Why and when would we do that?

2. Why don't we need a receiver aggrement if our target MI is Abstract? What is the logic behind that.

3. Is there some other cases when Receiver aggrement is not needed.

Thank You

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sonia,

1. Target MI will be abstract when our recipient is a Integration Process (ccBPM).

2. As far as my understanding goes, ccBPM is an executable process. It will not write a file or update any database after receiving the message, rather it will start executing the steps that you have designed in the IR. Receiver agreement actually determines <b>how the receipient will 'act' after receiving the message. Since the act is already defined (in IR design time), there is no need to define it again in Receiver Agreement.</b>

3. In all other cases, receiver agreement is needed.

Regards,

Amitabha

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sonia,

>>. In what cases will the target MI be Abstract? Why and when would we do that?

Abstract MI are used with in BPM. So if you are sending a msg into a BPM(the target is BPM), then you dont need a Receiver Agreement.

>>2. Why don't we need a receiver aggrement if our target MI is Abstract? What is the logic behind that.

Receiver Agreement is just to create a binding between your communication channel with your scenario, but imagine when the target is BPM you dont need any commn. channel at all. So no receiver agreement.

>>3. Is there some other cases when Receiver aggrement is not needed.

No. In all other cases, Receiver agreement is mandatory.

Regards,

Jai Shankar

Former Member
0 Kudos

hey

can u send the link as to where u read this.i m under the impression that receiver agreement is required under all cases

thanx

ahmad

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am not able to get the URL for some reason for if you search for the Phrase

">>dont we need to creat an interface mapping b/w ABS abd IB". That will be first discussion you will get and Jai Shankar has replied in the third one.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Well atleast then answer the first question.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hey

we need abstract Message interface to be used in BPM, coz BPM only understands abs interface,u cant use outbond/inbound interfaces there .

/people/krishna.moorthyp/blog/2005/06/09/walkthrough-with-bpm

have a look at the above thread to understand BPM

thanx

ahmad