cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"Reports by Table" login screen?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Go into IS and into the 'Metadata Management' tab. Then click on (in the upper right of the screen) 'View" and then "Reports". This brings up a "Reports" screen. Click on "Impact Reports" folder and then (for example) "Reports by Table". When I do this I get a login screen "Repository Login Information". What login is this looking for? It's not my IS login because that doesn't work for me. Any hints would be appreciated?

thanks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

adrian_storen
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Ken,

This is how it is designed.  I've raised this with SAP before and there is an idea on the Ideas Space for it (D25077).

Basically you have two workarounds:

1) Provide all users with the database account to the IS repository (bad)

2) Save the Crystal reports to BI, and hard code in the credentials (less bad) and mean that users still cannot access the OOTB reports in IS.

All I can suggest is to support the idea and hope that SAP fix it at some point.

regards

Adrian

Former Member
0 Kudos

I don't get it. What log in is it specifically looking for - some kind of a 'superuser' or admin login? And if I could log in, what reports would I see?

thanks

adrian_storen
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Same here

The menu option will ask for the IS repository database account, where you store the data for IS.  This would be IS_REPO or some variant and could be in Oracle, SQL, HANA, etc.  If you log into the CMC and go to Applications > IS Application > Configure Repository, it will outline the repository details.  This is what it wants ALL IS users to have, which would allow any user with SQL Developer/ TOAD/ etc to access the repository, unless you put database controls over users to prevent login to the database.

There are lineage and impact reports that actually contain some useful information, albeit SAP have made it hard to access or customise, unless you know Crystal and want to change them each time you upgrade.  The IS User Guide outlines what's in the reports.  In the 4.2 SP7 version of the user guide, this is in section 3.1.9 on page 400.

former_member187605
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The menu option will ask for the IS repository database account, where you store the data for IS.  This would be IS_REPO or some variant and could be in Oracle, SQL, HANA, etc.  If you log into the CMC and go to Applications > IS Application > Configure Repository, it will outline the repository details.  This is what it wants ALL IS users to have, which would allow any user with SQL Developer/ TOAD/ etc to access the repository, unless you put database controls over users to prevent login to the database.

Define a single database user with read privileges only and use it for running those reports.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Oh, okay, now I see what you're saying. Thanks for clarifying - although still makes me wonder why SAP would do it this way.

thanks again