cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issues in downloading SAP hana additional services POC

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

I am trying to build a GIS application and as a first step I am looking to download files for Additional Services from SAP Support Portal as per SAP Spatial Reference Guide  (section 4.3.1).

I could only find “Map Client” in SAP download center in SAP Marketplace URL and was unable to find “Content Viewer”, “GAB” and “POC” (obviously w/o quotes ).While one of my friend working with SAP (Direct Employee to SAP) could locate all these 3 mentioned files using his credentials.Can it be a user licensing issue (then how come SAP Spatial Reference Guidementions it as freely available for download?) as none from my company can find these 3 files available for download?.How do we solve this issue?.

We have license  SAP HANA PLatform edition. I think it should be included in it.

- "Map Client" Download the HCOSPATIALMAPC00_0-.ZIP file
- "Content Viewer" Download the HCOSPATIALCV00_0-.ZIP file
- "GAB" (Generalized Administration Boundaries)
- "POC" (Postal Codes)

Below is the extract from section 4.3.1 (SAP spatial reference guide):

In the SAP Software Download Center, you can access content for the additional services for SAP HANA Spatial.

1. Call a Web browser.
  2. Open the SAP Software Download Center.
  3. Choose Search for Software.
  4. Search for and download the following objects:

"Map Client" Download the HCOSPATIALMAPC00_0-.ZIP file and unpack it.

Put the HCOSPATIALMAPC.tgz file on your client so that you can import it using the SAP HANA studio.

"Content Viewer" Download the HCOSPATIALCV00_0-.ZIP file and unpack it. Put the HCOSPATIALCV.tgz file on your client so that you can import it using the SAP HANA studio.

"GAB" (Generalized Administration Boundaries) Download the .SAR files that you need and unpack them. Put the CSV files on the SAP HANA host, where you can import them into the SAP HANA database.

"POC" (Postal Codes) Download the .SAR files that you need and unpack them. Put the shapefiles on the SAP HANA host, where you can import them into the SAP HANA database. In addition to the unpacked shapefiles for POC, you will also find product guides and release notes for the unpacked

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member182967
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Yashi,

As you see in Issues with finding/downloading Geo-spatial Fil... | SCN, currently, you do not have the license for SAP HANA SPATIAL OPTION. You'd better consult with SAP presale or license related persons about this.

Regards,

Ning