SAP for Utilities Discussions
Connect with fellow SAP users to share best practices, troubleshoot challenges, and collaborate on building a sustainable energy future. Join the discussion.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP ISU meter replacement and rate type

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi guys,

I'm working on SAP Workmanager 6.3 with meter management. I try to configure meter replacement process. But I have a rate type issue.

In SAP ISU backend, the rate type for register is mandatory, but SAP Workmanager don't have this field.

I search a solution to fill automaticly rate type and group rate in regsiter for the new device. Indeed, rate type and group rate are the same of old device.

It's possible to configure this? Or where I need add code in replacement process?

Thank's a lot for your help to find the best way to do this

Carole

6 REPLIES 6

daniel_mccollum
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Replacement allows the rate types to be used for the new meter, thats a replacements purpose replacing serial# A with identically featured serial# B. Are you maybe forcing a removal, then an install?

I have no familiarity with Workmanager directly, but IS-U has a number of exits that may facilitate your requirements if the replacement features aren't giving you what you need.

User-Exits Device Management - Utilities Industry - SCN Wiki

EDMDI002 is the most likely candidate.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Carole,

As Daniel said for replacement the Rate Types are automatically populated for same type of meters. Can you check the order in the ISU system. If you can execute the Work Order in ISU and it does the replacement of the meters?

If it does then there is config issue in Work Manager, if it's not then check ISU system.

Hope this helps

Cheers,

Rakesh..

sapisurdg.wordpress.com

0 Kudos

Hi Rakesh,

Thank you for your help. Could you explain me where it's possible to configure this automation for rate type? In backend there aren't automatically, maybe there are an issue around this configuration? Even in backend, the rate type is not field automatcally populated in remplacement process.

Thank a lot for your help

Carole

0 Kudos

Have you confirmed that the current meter has rate types assigned? if it was forced in place somehow without, then maybe the replacement is pulling the null value/s through now & necessarily failing. Check EASTS.

0 Kudos

Yes the current meter has a rate type assigned and I check EASTS table and ANLAGE has a rate type available. Do you know where or what I need to do to fill rate type in register for the new meter automatically?

0 Kudos

then I can only conclude, assuming no other custom elements you haven't mentioned, that the meter being replaced is not functionally identical to the new meter. Probably additional registers for the rate type to be missing at run time.

can you model them here for us to review?