cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transfer of cost from Internal order to WBS

0 Kudos

We have newly Implemented PS module for our Capital investment Project, previous to this we were using Internal order (statistical) for project related CAPEX to manage budget controlling and Cost center for Expenses now after implementing PS requirement is to transfer all the consumed and committed values for the running project from internal order to WBS.

Please suggest - if we transfer internal order cost to WBS then while doing settlement to AUC it will load double/excess value because our current AUC asset has value with Internal order.

Please suggest how to manage it.

Regards

Abhishek Singh

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Abhishek,

If I understand your issue correctly then this seems to be a cut-over issue. What I can suggest is that:

1. Close all outstanding orders that are account assigned to the CAPEX Internal orders.

2. Based on the Finance decision, AuCs are to be scraped or capitalized and then scraped.

3. Create / upload Projects and their WBS elements in the system.

4. Create AuCs for WBS elements (as per Investment profile settings).

5. Create all orders (PR / PO / GR / IR / Service order) with the same amount and stage of processing, and with account assignment to WBS elements.

6. Settle the WBS elements to respective AuC.

Hope this helps.

Best regards,

Aditya

0 Kudos

Hi Aditya,

There are huge amount in AUC with Internal order, so we cannot scrap, below are the points for your reference .

1- Project started in April 2016 and it will be continue till Dec - 2016.

2-Procurement/PO and Value debited to AUC assets with Internal order (IO is statistical and using for budget control)

3-Now on 1st Sept 2016 we want go live of Project system.

4-User want to see all PS related reports for this project whole amount and period of project (April -16 to till date).

Could you please tell me ,generally how we handle this kind of scenario if the project is already going on and in between client is implementing SAP -PS and go live & wants report for over all project.

Please suggest and please let me know if require more info from my end.

Regards

Abhishek Singh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Abhishek,

I understand your points and business challenges. However as this is the cut-over requirement as you are transforming the business processes from IO to Projects, there has to be change management process in place which guides and educates the business.

What I may suggest is -

Approach #1: Transform all existing IOs and AUCs to Projects as I suggested in my earlier response.

Approach #2: Keep all existing IOs and AUCs as is in the system. Try to close most of them by Sep-2016. (I understand not much time left). Then all new CAPEX work from Oct 2016 should be covered via Projects. This way business can identify which all are legacy (not really legacy but the ones with older methodology) AUCs / Assets and which all are new ones.

Hope this helps.

Best regards,

Aditya