Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SD Consignment Fill-up with WM

former_member217601
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All,

We are trying to setup a Consignment Fill-up, in our plant/sloc which using WM.

I am bit unclear about the concept and the effect in warehouse.

Supposedly, the material is being delivered to customer but we still maintain the stock as special stock, correct? So it is like transfer posting.

But with WM, what result should we get? Is the material still subject to picking and delivery? Because yes the material is actually being taken out from the warehouse and sent to customer. But in the system, where will this consignment stock stored?

We have tried to simulate the process, with item delivery KBN. But when we create the delivery, we have this error and cannot save:

Error while determining ref.mov.type for WM via Table 156S: 631/X/X/W/L/X/

Message No. L9029

We have check the SPRO - LE - WM - Interfaces - IM - Define Movement Types - Assign WM Movement... and the entry is missing, but as you already know we cannot add new entry in this table.

Please help with you analysis. Thank you.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If the material is at the customer location then you can't manage it your warehouse, it has moved out of your warehouse and is physically at your customer.

The goods issue from the delivery of a consignment fillup is not really different  from any other goods issue from a delivery when you sell something directly to a customer.

The material is stored at plant level with customer number only.

former_member217601
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Juergen,

Thank you for your info. So the material is considered to be issued? I am lacking knowledge in SD, but I was expecting the process would be like when we provide the stock to subcontracting vendor.

If it is considered the same with other goods issue, is there any way we can pass the error that I have provided above?

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes it is pretty similar to subcontracting, in both cases the stock is owned by your plant but is physically not in your location and hence can't be warehouse managed at that time.

For the warehouse it is a goods issue.

I actually wonder how you can come to this combination in your error message:

631/X/X/W/L/X/

631 is the right movement

the first X means is valuated material

the second X is quantity managed material

the W stands for customer consignment, which would not make sense here as the goods issue is usually from normal stock and it will post into consignment stock

the L stands for the case that the movement is created from a delivery, so it is okay

the final X is the most confusing as this refers to stock transfers, which would mean that your customer is an internal customer

former_member234835
Active Participant
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member217601
Participant
0 Kudos

Apparently, my SD college have changed the special stock to consignment stock in the sales item category. That is why the indicator is using "W". We went back and copy the orginal, try scenario again and success. We also get better understanding with the current consignment stock situation from MMBE and in the warehouse.

Thank you Juergen kind sir, for pointing out what went wrong.

Also thank Mohammad for adding the point.