cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PING Process :: Checking App System availability from SAP R/3

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Our requirement is to check Whether Application System is UP or DOWN before sending the data from SAP Server like Pinging the application system from SAP System.

We are using the Web Service as Target Application System & SAP R/3 as Source System now SAP R/3 will call one RFC ( like <i>Z_Ping</i> ) before calling any other RFC to send data to WebService. Following is the configuration -->

<b>SAP R/3 -- Sender RFC Adapter -- SAP XI -- Rec SOAP Adapter -- App System ( Web Service )</b>

Now can you tell me what is the appropraite way to do this, because in case of System Error ( in case when WebService is down or Server on which WS is installed is down ) XI is not receving any exception payload so no mapping is happening.

Though I created the " <u><i>Error</i></u> " xsd & used it as a Fault message but the mapping is not getting initiated.

Can you tell me how I can achieve this & suggest me the design specification.

Best Regards

- Lalit -

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hey

u can do this using alerts,configure alerts so that it gets triggered whenever anythin wrong happens with Z_ping.and if response is negative then dont send subsequent messages.

alerts will always work irrespective of mapping.

but one thing is that triggering/not-triggering the subsequent message will be manual coz u need to check the alert before u send messages

thanx

ahmad

Message was edited by:

Ahmad

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Ahmad.

But we would like to make this as a complete Automated Process as further RFC calls are also the part of automated process so no way to stop them manually unless you have put some logic.

Now what the requirement is that whenever System Error occurs XI will tell the SAP R/3 system accordingly & ABAPers will develop the logic to stop the further calls.

- Lalit -

Former Member
0 Kudos

hey

>>Now what the requirement is that whenever System Error occurs XI will tell the SAP R/3 system accordingly & ABAPers will develop the logic to stop the further calls.

This is what i m telling u:) u can schedule alerts to be send via SMS /e-mail to ABAPers,if they get an alert saying that ping status waz not ok,then they dont have to call the RFC.

there might be some other way too,but as of now only this comes to my mind:)

thanx

ahmad

Former Member
0 Kudos

Actually when I did the Alert Configuration, it was coming in Alert Inbox only, in RWB. I am not sure how to send the same alerts to outside mailboxes, do we need to use to Mail Adapter in this.

Also can't I populate the <i>Z_Ping.Exception</i> structure with some Error msg in this case.

- lalit -

Former Member
0 Kudos

hey

>>do we need to use to Mail Adapter in this.

no we have to do some configuration in SCOT

>>Z_Ping.Exception structure with some Error msg in this case.

i m not sure what u mean by this

thanx

ahmad

Pl:Reward with points for helpful answers

Former Member
0 Kudos

No, I don't want to use SAP Connect to send the mail to other mailboxes.

What I want is to populate the Exception structure of SAP RFC with proper message, so that ABAPers can do the exception handling in their code & as my requirement is not to send the Mail, I don't want to use SAP Connect or Mail Adapter.

- Lalit -