cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Budget check on assigned amount

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have a query regarding budget check as I have assigned budget tolerance at PO level. For better understanding I have done below configuration:

So from PR, when I'm going to create PO with amount 301 no budget error message and when I'm going to create PO with amount 401 I got budget message error as budget release amount is 300 so for amount 301, it should give budget error exceed message at PO level.

Regards,

Faizan

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

miya_wang
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello,
Please notice that as per note 783161, the availability control only checks when the assigned value is increased.
If the assigned value is already 400, and you create a PO with 301, which means no assigned value increased. Then the availability control will stay mute.
But if you create a PO with 401, the assigned value is increased and therefore budget exceed error message occur.
Best regards,
Miya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Miya,

Thanks for replying me with help of SAP Note which clear me a lot.

Regards,

Faizan

miya_wang
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Faizan,
Glad it helps.
Best regards,
Miya

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can you check if the assigned WBS in  the PO is having any parent WBS for which you have released budget amount.Also check if the budget profile assigned in the project and the profile you are testing are the same.I have tested this same scenario and it's working.

Regards,

Senthil Venugopal

Former Member
0 Kudos

can anyone tell me what could be possible reason budget is not checking from release amount budget.

Regards,

Faizan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Faizan,

From you 3rd screenshot, I can see that the budget allocated in $300 but it has been already assigned to an order worth of $400.

Ideally you should assign the budget first to WBS and then assign the order.

Can you check this scenario for any other WBS.

Best regards,

Aditya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Aditya,

My requirement is that I will create my project till activity level which also includes 'material' if required so from that, I get plan value. After that when I create and release budget which might be lower than planned cost than budget is check on planned cost exceed amount instead of release amount.

If this is SAP standard behaviour, than can you share with me any link help.sap link or tell me PS standard manual where this is mention?

Waiting for your response.

Regards,

Faizan

ahamed_nasir
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Faizan Khalil,

Select only Annaul values in Budget profile - Time frame tab.

Regards

Ahamed Nasir

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ahamed,

I have tick 'Annual Values' but still no impact as budget is still checking on 401 instead of 301.

Regards,

Faizan

former_member198686
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Faizan,

In OPS9 try to change the tick mark instead of release to overall value then try.

Regards,

KRK

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi,

I want that my budget should be checked at release level.

Regards,

Faizan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Faizan,

I was talking about the "Assigned" amount as $400, not "Planned".

For other WBS, plan cost at activity level then assign budget then release budget then raise PO. I think it will work.

Best regards

Aditya

praveen_vanm
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Faizan,

Can you check whether AVAC status is activated for that WBS

Regards

Praveen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Praveen,

Budget availability is already active at project and WBS level.

Regards,

Faizan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Faizan,

Can you check if this scenario works correctly if you maintain the activity group (Tr. Grp) as "++" ?

Regards,

Pratap

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pratab,

My requirement is not to use activity group "++" as this would also check budget in all activity including PR which I don;t want to check budget at PR level.

Regards,

Faizan