Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can we call multiple webservice in a single Receiver Channel

pankaj_yadav3
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Expert

I have a scenario ECC to Third party system , I am using a IDOC from ECC side and sending the data to third party system via webservice .But As per requirement we want to call more than web service at a time . But i am seeing in SOAP receiver channel we can put only one target URL , So please help me how we can call multiple webservice at a  time.

Second can we develop this interface as sync scenario ?because sender system is IDOC and IDOC is a ASY adapter.

Regards

P.Singh

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member190293
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Pankaj!

You can either use BPM for calling multiple web services in Fork step, for example, or use the set of SOAP lookups in mapping.

Regards, Evgeniy.

Jochen_H
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Evgeniy,

But why does he has to use BPM, if it's a asynchronous scenario and he can just add more receivers in the receiver configuration?

Regards

Jochen

former_member190293
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jochen!

As far as I could understand, scenario is ECC to web service. Web services are synchronous in most cases.

Using IDocs doesn't mean that scenario is asynchronous. Very often such scenarios are Async-Sync.

Regards, Evgeniy.

Jochen_H
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Evgeniy

If that's the case, that's absolutely true.

I was just wondering, because there is nowhere written that it's a synchronous WS and perhaps it's async and the solution is very very simple then

Regards

Jochen

Jochen_H
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Pankaj

To your first question:

If you're using Idoc, it is a asynchronous scenario.

If you want to send the data to several receivers, you can add more receivers as you want in the configuration. Each receiver then has it's own receiver communication channel.

Are you using integrated configuration?

Regards

Jochen

former_member194786
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Pankaj,

For first question, search SCN for Dynamic configuration or Adapter specific message attributes and you will find enough material on how to achieve SOAP URL dynamically.

For the second question, look for async-sync bridge without BPM and there are blogs explaining the functionality.

Although, you would first need to understand if the call is just dynamic in terms of who receives it or you need to call multiple services for each IDoc. Second scenario will need a BPM, from understanding.

Cheers,

Sanjeev.