cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Consumption of a lot of page file space with Solution Manager over windows

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI guys,

I have installed Solution Manager 4.0 SP10 over Windows 2003 Server, Standard Edition. The server has 4 Gb of RAM and 10Gb of page file.

Before to start Solution Manager the memory used is 500Mb and the used page file is 1Gbytes, but when I start Solman, the memory used grow up to 3.8 Gbytes and the pagefile to 7Gbytes.

Is this behaviour normal?, should I need near to 8Gb to run SolMan in memory?

does someone experience or tips regarding this is issue?

Thanks in advance for your comments guys!!!!

Regards Carlos Pozo.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

raguraman_c
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

You are right. You require 8 GB Virtual Memory. This is normal. If you refer the installation guide of SOLMAN Page 37. There you could find the info. Hope this will sollve your problem.

Feel free to revert back.

--Ragu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ragu,

All SAP guides talk about aprox. 10Gb in Win and aprox. 20Gb (max.) in Unix.

You are right (also....;-) ), but my question is regarding the consumption of this page file, for example, we have XI 3.0 installed in AIX (ABAP+JAVA like Solman), and we have 8 Gbytes of RAM installed, in scenario we have in average 1.5Gbytes of free memory and not swap space used, that means in average XI use 6,5 Gbytes of memory (including DB instance, oracle 9.2), with at least 15 users connected, in contrast Solman has only one user connected and only 6 dialog wp and use almost 10Gbytes (adding RAM and SWAP space).

Is normal that Solman 4.0 need so much memory to run?

Do you know some way to decrease the swap consumption?.....

I know, I know.......I'm asking almost for magic solutions......

raguraman_c
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Not possible to reduce SWAP consumption as it is managed by SAP and reducing it 😮 not possible. I guess I have answered your questions.

Feel free to revert back.

--Ragu

Reward helpful answers.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks a lot Ragu for your help, I was afraid to hear that answer, but......I have two options, reinstall solman over win 2003 server Enterprise Edition or......buy faster discs!!!

Thanks again.