cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PO output to vendor via XML

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi there,

I am a newbie to XI. Can you help me answer the following questions.

We are planning on sending a PO to vendor via XML

1) Does it necessarily have to go through XI? I can see Idocs when sent via XML port go out in XML format? In that case why do we need XI?

2) If we are using XI, what is the input which we have to get from the vendor, I assume if it is a non sap system, then we might need some mappings in XI, correct?

Regards,

Musta

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Musta,

if you want to send XML file to vender then u need the format of XML file which is acceptable by vender. Then you need mapping in XI to convert XI PO Idoc to venders format.

If you can generate XML without XI then only for OP no need of XI.

But with XI it is easy to convert Idoc PO structure to new structure which vender needs.

Also you can ask whether vender want XML file or SOAP XML. XI have both adapters File as well as SOAP. You can send any one as per the requirement of vender.

Regards

Hope it is helpful

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Rohan,

That was really helpful. One more clarification...

I have a set of .xsd files from the vendor. I just wanted to check if the XML formats are sent via .xsd files?

Former Member
0 Kudos

hey

>>I have a set of .xsd files from the vendor. I just wanted to check if the XML formats are sent via .xsd files?

XI understand only XML,so u have to import this xsd under external definition and the use this as a message interface and create ur scenario.

thanx

ahmad

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sorry, I have not seen your last post.

So you import your external definition and directly do the mapping. Then FTP the file to the vendor.

---Satish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mustang,

If you have XSD file and XI then no need to know XML structure. You can import XSD in XI and can start configuration.

But if you do not have XI then you can use StylusStudio (www.StylusStudio.com) or Altova (www.altova.com). Both have free trial versions.

and try to convert XSD to XML. or XML to XSD.

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Rohan,

If he can directly convert XSD to XML then how about the mapping? Who is going to do mapping.

It doesn't work like that. He has to import the XSD and do the mapping in XI and then send the file in the form of XML via FTP to the vendor.

---Satish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you guys, that gives a pretty good picture....

I awarded points to you both....

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Mustang,

<i>1) Does it necessarily have to go through XI? I can see Idocs when sent via XML port go out in XML format? In that case why do we need XI?</i>

If we do this the XML file will be generated in R3. Then who is going to send this file to the Vendor. You can use XI and send the file to vendor directly. So no mapping here. You can use XI for FTP purpose.

<i>2) If we are using XI, what is the input which we have to get from the vendor, I assume if it is a non sap system, then we might need some mappings in XI, correct?</i>

Ask from the vendor the XSD for the xml format? Then you can import the XSD as external definition and directly do mapping. You dont need to have content conversion also. You can send directly the XML file.

If he dont have the XSD then you need to create the datatype, message type and proceed like the normal scenario.

---Satish