cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

User ID change in Provisioning Request

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

I trying to configure my new account request in ARM, where in the first stage the aprover can change the User ID of the request.

Is this possible to configure?

Thank you

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

japneet_singh2
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Vasco, I don't think so it is possible to modify the user id by the stage level approval. You can modify the user details maintained under the tab "User Details" but you will have to enable the stage level setting "Allow runtime cnfg chng ok" I hope this answers your query. Thanks & Regards Japneet

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member193066
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

This si not standard requirement. development can be done, unless you give information why you need that, there might be other possible ways.

Regards,

Prasant

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Prasant,

Thank you for the response.

Basically, when a user creates a new account request, most of the times, they enter a User Id which does not make any sense. So my first stage approval, should be done by the System Administrator so that he can correct the User Id field.

Do you see any possibility for this ? Can I restrict the structure of the User ID field?

Thank you

Vasco Marques

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Vasco,

You could enable User ID validation in the access request against Search Data Source, see SPRO parameter 2051 in the AC configuration guide

Best Regards,

Zoltan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vasco,

There is no setting for changing the USERID in an access request after submission

However the approver can change the validity of the roles/lineitems and can add new roles into the request when "Add Assignment" and "Change Request Det" are enabled in stage task settings.

Check out the below doc for all the stage task settings

scn.sap.com/docs/DOC-73757

In case the affected end user is incorrect the request can always be rejected by the Manager or can be cancelled by the Admin.

Regards,

Manju