cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Query Results with PA Client

0 Kudos

Hi,

I have a question with generating result sets using Universe with PA tool.

I get the results compartively at the same time in Webi and Lumira but when I use same query with SAP PA Client it takes long time. Queries running less than 5 min with webi or Lumira takes about 50min to an hr with PA client. Is there any workaround for this or any changes in the settings that we need to implement

Thanks,

Sri

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

achab
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Sri,

Are you using the exact same option in Lumira and PA? In Lumira there are two different ways to query universes. Can you please clarify? What happens if you use Lumira on the equivalent option as the one available in PA?

Thanks & regards

Antoine

0 Kudos

Antonie,

we are using the one specially designed for UNX universes in Lumira which is not available in PA. The default one which comes with the tool takes long time in both Lumira and PA

achab
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

OK so I think we have identified the problem... I will discuss with colleagues and keep you posted.

achab
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

I discussed your question with our Expert Analytics product manager . We would like to investigate the problem in order to fix it. Can you please let us know what is the typical data volume that you extracting via the universe access? How many objects (dimensions, measures, attributes) are you using as part of the query? What's the underlying data source? Any other interesting information about the universe?

If you are a supported Predictive Analytics customer, I would recommend that you open a support ticket in parallel, and refer to this thread.

Thanks & regards

Antoine

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sri has asked me to document my testing. I will included the run time, sql statement, row counts and database type asap

Former Member
0 Kudos

The attachment includes the following:

1. OEM results from application SQL Developer
  2. SQL statement
  3. OEM sql PLAN
  4. OEM results from BI 4.1 sp4 Web Intelligence
  5. BI 4.1 sp4 Web Intelligence query summary
  6. OEM results from Lumira 1.30
  7. OEM results from PA (Expert Analytics) 1.25
0 Kudos

Thanks for the quick response Harold

achab
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Thanks, will let comment on this.

achab
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Also, did you raise a support ticket? (I would recommend this!). If you did, what's the ID of the ticket?

THanks & regards

Antoine

0 Kudos

304267 / 2016 Longtime to return Results in Predictive Analytics

achab
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Will flag as assumed answered for now - next updates will come via the support ticket channel.