Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to archive SXMSCLUP2 & SXMSCLUR2 tables

rahulknair
Explorer
0 Kudos

Dear All,

I need to archive the tables SXMSCLUP2 & SXMSCLUR2 from the SAP system. I checked in the DB02 it is showing "No suitable archiving object exists for table" But my client requirement is to archive and delete these table. Has anyone experienced this and can help me, please?

Thanks in advance.

Rahul

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rahul,

SXMSCLUP2 und SXMSCLUR2 are cluster tables for messages. Thus you can indirectly archive them via archiving messages (object bc_xmb).

Archiving these tables without the other message tables (sxmspmast2 for example) doesn't really make any sense.

Regards,

Thomas

rahulknair
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Thomas,

Thank you for your reply,

I checked all the below tables which are related with BC_XMB via DB15

IDXRCVPOR, IDXSNDPOR, SXMSPEMAS, SXMSPERROR, SXMSPMAST, SXMSPVERS but there is no documents are available in these tables I have only data available in SXMSCLUP2 & SXMSCLUR2. So if we use BC_XMB it will archive these two tables? and is it the normal archiving procedure for BC_XMB object also.

Regards

Rahul.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rahul,

the normal tables for message processing are like you mentioned. The tables with a "2" at the end only become active when using switch procedure in message deletion (see SXMB_ADM -> configure delete procedure).

So either switch procedure is active, or was at least active in the past.

Since you mentioned no data in SXMSPMAST, check SXMSPMAST2 instead.

Archiving BC_XMB should handle both table versions.

For archiving to work on the switch tables, you may have to wait until the tables become active, or force a switch.

Regards,

Thomas

rahulknair
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello Thomas,

I deleted the the XML messages using the transaction  SXMB_ADM, no of entries is reducing but the size of the entries is not reducing in the job log it is showing

Current Fill Level: 38,00 %

Table switch not (yet) required

Persistence tables reorganized

I need to know that separate table re-org is required to reduce the space.

Please help.

Regards

Rahul

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rahul,

if you are worried about table space, then you need to do a reorg at db level after delete/archive jobs have run.

Note that SXMB tables may be very volatile if you have high message load. You may need to get more space for your db after all.

Kind regards,

Thomas

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member187339
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Rahul,

If your planning is to bring down entries from these two table then follow as mentioned in the link https://scn.sap.com/thread/3530935

Once you archive and delete PI messages the entries in these table will come down.

Regards

Suraj