cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

'metadataLoaded' of undefined" on Fiori Launchpad

0 Kudos

Hi,

We are developing UI5 application on 1.38.7  library, but my backend UI5 library is at 1.28.3. Currently I am facing issue while deploying app on fiori launchpad. It gives " Cannot read property 'metadataLoaded' of undefined" error.

I checked with 1.28.3 version for ui5 development and was able to run app from fiori launchpad. So I guess because of version mismatch I am not able to run on launchpad.

Could you please suggest which gateway UI5 version is compatible for 1.38.7 UI5 library on app.

Thank for your support.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member

Hi,

Upgrade the SAP_UI component on the frontend server to the version used in the UI5.

Either this or you have to use less new components in the UI coding.

The SAP_UI component can be upgraded using manual steps in a SAP note, depending on the SAP_UI component version.

You will probably find the correct notes list if you google for a term in the line like this:

"sap fiori - ui add-on 740 sp16 notes list"

I hope this was helpful.

Best regards.

Jonathan B.

0 Kudos

Thanks for the Info.

Currently we are using SAP 740 SP15, we are planning to upgrade to SAP 750

What will be the impact on changing the SAP 740 to SAP 750 on existing running application.

Thanks,

Magesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Upgrading the SAP_UI component has no negative impact on current applications and can be done at any time.

Go through these notes:

Best Regards

Jonathan Belliot

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Magesh,

Instead you cab refer the Ui5 libraries from CDN  in index.html src tag

please refer the below for more info.

SAPUI5 SDK - Demo Kit

<!DOCTYPE html>
<html>
<head>
<meta http-equiv="X-UA-Compatible" content="IE=edge">
<meta charset="utf-8">
<title>Hello World App</title>
<script src="https://sapui5.hana.ondemand.com/1.32.7/resources/sap-ui-core.js"
id="sap-ui-bootstrap"
data-sap-ui-theme="sap_bluecrystal"
data-sap-ui-libs="sap.m">
</script>
</head>
<body class="sapUiBody" id="content">
</body>
</html>

kind Regards

Pandu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Refering the Ui5 libraries from CDN  in index.html src tag will also work but goes against the best practices and should not be done.

When working on a slower internet connection your app will be horrendously slow.

It's best practise to load the correct libs into the frontend server (= have correct SAP_UI component version).

Best Regards

Jonathan Belliot.

0 Kudos

Thanks Jonarhan, In that case configurations & services already done will be available or do we need to redo the same?

like : RFC connection, BSP, Semantic Obj and etc.

Thanks,

Magesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Magesh,

Configurations and earlier created services won't be impacted.

Upgrading the SAP_UI component will only make the new SAPUI5 libraries available in your system.

The SAP_UI component is where the UI code get's it's definitions, hence you need to make sure the resources used in your UI coding are also available on the gateway server, in the SAP_UI component.

That is why Pandu J. suggested you could reference an external SAP UI source, since there the latest version will always be available.(This however is not according to best practises and will seriously reduce the performance of your application.)

Best Regards

Jonathan Belliot

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

karthikarjun
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Magesh- u can use the direct library url from SAP UI5 apps.

Link:

<script src="https://sapui5.netweaver.ondemand.com/resources/sap-ui-core.js"

id="sap-ui-bootstrap"

data-sap-ui-libs="sap.m"

data-sap-ui-theme="sap_bluecrystal">

</script>

Regards,

Karthik A

Former Member
0 Kudos

Karthik A,

Please read the comments before posting exactly the same...

"

Refering the Ui5 libraries from CDN  in index.html src tag will also work but goes against the best practices and should not be done.

When working on a slower internet connection your app will be horrendously slow.

It's best practise to load the correct libs into the frontend server (= have correct SAP_UI component version).

"

Best Regards

Jonathan Belliot.

karthikarjun
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes I agree!!!.