cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GDS Data Pools

HighAlpine
Explorer
0 Kudos

Are there any plans to extend the current "out of the box" data pool integration beyond Transora and UCCnet? Will Rossettanet standards be available at some point.

Thanks, Andy

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Mark63
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

To whom it may concern:

This is to inform you about an upcoming Webinar (July 13, 2005) about GDS. For more information, see https://www.sdn.sap.com/sdn/webinar.sdn?res=/irj/servlet/prt/portal/prtroot/com.sap.sdn.wcm.compound...

felix_loecher
Explorer
0 Kudos

Dear Andy,

yes there are plans to enhance our GDS solution to be able to connect to additonal data pools like e.g. WWRE, Sinfos, etc.

GDS is an industry scenario for the CPG industry which is governed by the GS1 standard, Rosettanet Standards are applicable for the High Tech industry only.

However SAP is offering an XI industry speak adaptor for Rosettanet to comply with the standard needed for High Tech.

If you have further questions do not hesitate to contact me.

Cheers Felix

HighAlpine
Explorer
0 Kudos

Thanks Felix.

I accept that for historical reasons (xCat) the GDS solution supports the CPG sector requirement. From your answer should I presume that in the future GDS will not be strictly associated with a particular sector.

If we install the XI Adaptor for Rossettanet, would else would need to be configured in order for GDS to integrate with Rossettanet.

Thanks, Andy

felix_loecher
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Andy,

you misinterpreted my answer, there are no historical reasons for that.

GDS is done only between the CPG industry and retailers. The high tech industry is showing quite an interest but as far as I know the current GS1 standard (GS1 is in charge of defining the GDS process, not Rosettanet) does not fit the requirements of the high tech industry.

Therefore there are no plans to "integrate" GDS with Rosettanet.

Cheers Felix

HighAlpine
Explorer
0 Kudos

thanks for the clarification Felix.

Regards, Andy