cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Running FM BBP_ATTRIBUTES_UPDATE for the attribute ID COCODE has deleted this inherited attribute from root org

sachin_tulupule
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

We are running on SRM 7 EHP 2, and recently test system was refreshed with production system, as a post refresh activity, during functional checks on the system, I found that, under inherited attributes of the root of the org structure, COCODE was pointing to production system. Hence I have used the FM BBP_ATTRIBUTES_UPDATE FM to update the COCODE to that of test system. But after I executed this FM, 'COCDE' and 'COMPANY' inherited attributes are disappeared from the root org unit. I am unable to add it in PPOMA_BBP as there is no add button.

Please let me know if someone has faced similar issues and how it was overcome. Any inputs would be greatly appreciated.

Kind Regards,

Sachin Tulupule

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

vinita_kasliwal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sachin

After the refresh completes you need to run transaction BDLS did your basis team do that ?

Once you do this activity in sytem name all Prod system would be replaced by quality system

To answer your second question FM BBP_ATTRIBUTES_UPDATE will update the values which you specific there is a FLAG replace are you unchecking it ? Also refer the thread link and it is mentioned that

"The recommended way to maintain attributes is via BBPATTRMAINT or      

using PPOMA_BBP as the admin user. These operations are fully supported."

Refer the link

updating attributes values using BBP_UPDATE_ATT... | SCN

What are the Activities Before and After - Prod... | SCN

SLICENSE--> After changing the SID or the hardware, you need a new license.

BDLS--> Change SID and logical System name.

SECSTORE --> System data changed --> When your Kernel is actual, you don´t need to do this.

SMT1/SMT2 --> check Trusting Connections

BD97 --> Check for the right RFC-Connections

SE06 --> For Transport Organizer

BD54 --> Logical Systems

WE11 --> Delete old IDocs

RZ10 --> Check Profiles for Hostname and SID

STMS --> Check for right transport settings, etc.

WE20 --> Ports for IDoc Processing (not the XI IDoc Adapter)

WE21 --> Partner profiles for IDocs

SCC4 --> Check Client name and Logical system name

RZ700 --> check for the right SLD

SLDCHECK --> Check connection to your SLD

SM59 --> Check the RFC-Connections

Regards

Vinita

sachin_tulupule
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hi Vinita,

Thank you for the quick response.

Basis team has run BDLS. And all the log sys names have been changed to that of test system. Also I have checked the replace flag while trying to add the deleted inherited attribute using the FM. However this did not yield.

Moreover, to add the inherited attribute using PPOMA_BBP, there is no add button under inherited attribute tab of the org structure.

Regards,

Sachin Tulupule