cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DUNS Num ber

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Folks,

I need information regarding DUNS number. If someone has used it before .Please guide me in the same .How to work on it and if any one have related documents please fwd to me .

Thanks

Rohit

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

I have worked with Duns number (it was special) .

cant send docs as they are customer property , but can help you with your requirement .

- An

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Could you please tell me how to configure DUNS number in MDM.

i would like to tell you the scenario.

In the project we are going to use DUNS number taken from website through XI to MDM. As per my understanding i have to create table in MDM for DUNS number .Could you please tell me DUNS number table will consist of which all field and their types.How to map vendor to DUNS number. Vendor will be taken from R/3 system and mapped at MDM Import manager how to map with DUNS.

Would be very helpful if you let me know the configuration and to map it with the vendor files .

waiting for reply

Mail id : rohits_sap@yahoo.co.in

Thanks in advance

Rohit

0 Kudos

Hi Rohit,

DUNS is universal numbering system own by D&B and contains vendor records that registered to them. Basically it contains info about vendor i.e name, address, phone, etc. So you need to compare D&B records with your vendor database and remove any duplicate records using Matching&Merging in MDM. But you need to keep the DUNS # in your Vendor repository by adding new field. The field is 9 char length.

http://fedgov.dnb.com/webform/pages/dunsnumber.jsp

Since D&B records are more accurate and complete, you need to Import it first to your MDM Vendor repository and run Matching&Merging to verify for any duplicates (most probably not). Then Import your vendor records from SAP, follow by Matching&Merging. So you will get complete vendor records with DUNS #. Maybe some of vendors without DUNS # because those are from SAP and not registered with D&B.

Am I answer your question?

Regards,

Zamri