Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change the GRC 10.1 RFC connection to another ERP many times

former_member271373
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hi GRC Experts,

Actually, I participate in a ERP upgrade project, we will create a temporary environment, there'll be a new ERP'.

The GRC team, we will going to change the GRC 10.1 connection to the new ERP'

temporarily, later, change back the connection to original ERP.

My query is:

How risky it is to change the connection of GRC 10.1 several times? What are the considerations that need to know?

It must be said that there exist information involved with the RFC connection: Master Data, Jobs, risk analysis, etc.

Regards,

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

kevin_tucholke1
Contributor
0 Kudos

Renzo:

In your upgrade project, are you utilizing an N+1 scenario for the upgrade.  Usually what I have seen in this case, the eventual ERP system will have the same SID even after the upgrade.  This makes a difference as to how I would manage the RFC Destinations.

I have had issues where I change these out and have had to run the delete programs to get everything cleared up in my NON PROD environments.

If it is possible to create additional connectors to assist with this during your upgrade, this would be preferable in my opinion.

Hope this helps.

Kevin Tucholke

2 REPLIES 2

alessandr0
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Renzo,

what do you plan to do with the sync jobs? Do you stop them temporarily? Once you change the RFC connection just note that the GRC system collects data from the new target. Therefore you need to check in advance whether that is ok or not.

Rather then changing the RFC did you consider to mask them? So that the target is not available and hence does not impact your data, etc.?

Regards,

Alessandro

kevin_tucholke1
Contributor
0 Kudos

Renzo:

In your upgrade project, are you utilizing an N+1 scenario for the upgrade.  Usually what I have seen in this case, the eventual ERP system will have the same SID even after the upgrade.  This makes a difference as to how I would manage the RFC Destinations.

I have had issues where I change these out and have had to run the delete programs to get everything cleared up in my NON PROD environments.

If it is possible to create additional connectors to assist with this during your upgrade, this would be preferable in my opinion.

Hope this helps.

Kevin Tucholke