cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Remove Shipment Integration?

Former Member
0 Kudos

We are implementing ERP, TM and EWM but we dont want shipment integration. Are there any way to bypass this option so that we can handle all the TM plannig process based on the delivery received fron ERP after it has been picked, packed and posted in EWM?

Best regards

Marisol

Topic was edited by: Michael Appleby

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Bimal_S
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Marisol,

Yes, you can skip the shipment integration. As per SAP documentation shipment integration with SAP is optional.

How to do this?

First make sure that FO type is not relevant for ERP and don't set up shipment related interfaces between ECC and TM.

Secondly the TRD0 output that we configure to send the delivery from ECC to TM should have the status of delivery as one of the criteria in output determination. There are standard communication to update the status of delivery in ECC from EWM. Use status  (for example pack - completely processed) in ECC delivery and set up the output determination accordingly.

Thirdly it is ideal not to have FU generated from OTR. Since you are planning on delivery, activate FU building only in delivery/DTR [Setting in OTR/DTR type]

Scenario:

As William mentioned it's better to start the EWM process post planning. But if the arrangement of truck is very fast and the availability is abundant you can still consider this option. But make sure that there is a business need for this. Else all the shipment will be delayed.

Please let me know if you need any additional details.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bimal

Very pleased to hear that i can skip shipment integration since from my point of view, it needs to much working activities and configuration than needed for this implementation.

I will check the TRD0 configuration since I used the requirement 35 to generate the message after packing and posting have been completed in EWM but still get the DTR and FU  without packing in TM. I also have FUBR activated for DTR.

It seem that I have an issue here because my FU are generated without PKG position.

Another issue is than I don´t see the document flow neither the TM folder at the delivery document in ECC. Please help me here.

Very thankful

Marisol Rondón

Bimal_S
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Ideally you should ask these questions separately in a different thread as the question you initially asked is already addressed.

However, I am answering it here itself. But please open a new thread if you have further questions and give the link here.

Please activate below interfaces for doc flow.

BusinessDocumentFlowTMInformationbyBusinessObjectReferenceQueryResponse_Out : Send request for TM business document flow from SAP ERP to SAP,

BusinessDocumentFlowTMInformationbyBusinessObjectReferenceQueryResponse_In : Receive requests for TM business document flow in SAP TM

Packaging configurations need to be completed in TM[SPRO] in order to see packaging data in TM DTR.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bimal

Very helpfull your answer.

We activated the interfaces for doc flow and it is okey now

Packing configurations checked and working good when there is not interfaces of Deliveries with EWM but still problems wit outbound deliveries with pick pack and post in EWM because DTR with packing information but FU doesn´t.

If you know anything else that i should check please let me know.

Best regards

Marisol

Bimal_S
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Marisol,

As mentioned please create a new thread for this. Also mention whether the packaging information is updated in ECC post the packing process in EWM.

Bimal

Note: I can't understand the statement " DTR with packing information but FU doesn't". Does this mean that DTR has packaging info but FU doesn't ? Please clarify this also in the new thread. BTW please have a better heading [related to question] for the new thread. [NOT " Hi Fellows"]

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member203115
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi, Marisol

The answer to your question is yes.  But there is a fundamental business question here.

Traditionally ERP generates the orders / deliveries, sends them to TM for transportation planning, and then TM communicates the transportation planning to EWM (direct - as per Nitesh's post - or indirect via the ECC delivery document).   Then EWM does the pick / pack / load / issue by Transportation Unit per the TM plan.  No use of ECC shipment documents whatsoever.

You are proposing that EWM pick / pack / load / issue prior to any transportation planning?  Technically quite possible. But does this make sense from a business perspective?  If you only use one mode of transport (such as full truckload or full container) then maybe this makes sense.  If you need to ship using different modes (air, road, rail, parcel...) then I'm not sure this approach makes sense.

Unless I'm really missing something here

Mac McLarin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mac

Yes, I am proposing EWM activities prior to transportation planning based on how business function for this client:

1. 1. Just one transportation mode
  2. 2. Full availability of transportation trucks
  3. 3. Only one  area for dispatching
  4. 4. Needs to combine various deliveries into one freight order depending of the route
  5. 5. Needs to plan after  the packing and posting of outbound deliveries

IF it is technically possible, I will please to implement this scenario.

Thanks very much for your very helpful answer.

Very kindly

Marisol Rondon

NiteshSaluja1
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Marisol,

Starting TM/EWM 9.1 version offers direct integration scenarios between TM and EWM.

Kindly check on the link below:

Direct Integration with SAP Extended Warehouse Management - SAP Library

Hope it helps!!

BR//

Nitesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nitesh

i checked the scenario Direct integration with EWM and it is not the best suite for this implementatios, mostly because transportations activities are expected to be done on TM and because it is very simple warehousing and transportation activities, only one transportation mode.

Bases on what McLarin said, i hope to implement Transportation planning based on delivery after the picking, packing and loading is done on EWM.

Any other advise will be helpfull.

Thanks very much

Marisol