cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Filter based on Table Column

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guru's,

I am trying to find options to pass a dynamic filter in such a way that all the values in a Table's column is passed as filter to a Calculation View.

Let me explain more on this.

I have a Calculation View which brings in Data for 500 products. However I have a table where we have some 25 odd products. I want to pass a filter in my view which will bring in data only for these 25 products instead of 500 products.

I can very well use an inner join with the table and bring in 25 products, however, I am looking at option to pass through a filter.

Appreciate if I get some clue here.

Thanks

Yog

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

0 Kudos

Try,

1)Create input parameters for your 500 Products CV like this.

2) Use this parameters to filter your data in a script calculation view (PARENT)

I declared and used variables for catch filter values in my PARENT CV ,

I used same input parameters in my PARENT CV.

I hope this can help you!

Saludos!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks you so much for the response. I have tried with Script view and it does work there by passing a sub-query. I am trying to see if I can avoid using a script view here. Our strategy is to use Graphical Views as much as possible.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

rindia
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Yog,

Interested to know the test case as you already know to solve this using join.

Regards

Raj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raj,

This is an interesting requirement, where in the End user requests for more quantity. Business has identified these special 25 products. However when the end user is requesting for more quantity we will be checking his past performance of 6 months on few parameters and based on the output it will be decided whether or not the user qualifies for extra quantity.

So to check the qualification, we have to get previous data from Transaction table, so eventually all 500 products are fetched at first instance and then I apply an inner join to get only these 25 products data. The intention to pass dynamic filter is to fetch only specific product data at first instance.

Hope I did not confuse

Regards,

Yog

anindya_bose
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yogi

There is input parameter type "Derived From Table" , but till SPS10 it works for single value only. Not , sure if that has changed in SPS12.

However, you can do that in scripted view ( table function ) with sub-select statement.

Regards

Anindya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Anindya, Yes Derived from Table is still working for Single values even in SP11. Need to explore SP 12.