Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STO: packaging at delivery

anand_sagarsethi
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

I have material X which is sold to a customer '1002', with packaging instruction pack1( on pallets ).

I also sell the same material X to another plant  'USx' with same packaging instruction pack1.

I created  packaging instruction POP1

1. pack1 with main packaging material Pallet and material packed 'X' as 1 ea.

I assigned the packaging instruction in POF1 to respected ship to party in determination type 'SHIP'

1. Ship to party 1002 primary packaging as pack1.

2. ship to party USx primary packaging as pack1.

AT SALES side:

I created a sales order for customer 1002 , material X. Created its delivery, selected the packing in delivery. HU's gets created, at delivery

Pack1 (pallets) material comes in the document list as number of units consumed in delivery. I pick the delivery and PGI.. everything works smoothly.

AT STO with USx:

I created a STO for 'USx' plant, material X. When I created the delivery, selected the packing in delivery. HU's gets created at delivery  for Pack1(pallets), BUT Pallet do not comes in the document list with its units consumption..? I need them to come so that I can post its consumption.

Please suggest why this is happening in STO.

Also same pallet material is extended to USx plant as well,  so that is also not the issue that destination plant do not have that kind of packaging material.

Please suggest thanks..

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

JuergenPitz
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

"Please suggest why this is happening in STO."

Actually it is not happening in your STO, but in your delivery (or rather not not happening).

"HU's gets created, at deliveryPack1 (pallets) material comes in the document list as number of units consumed in delivery."

So in your delivery for the sales order an item gets created? How is that controlled? In customizing ERP, you select Logistics Execution --> Shipping --> Deliveries --> Define Item Category Determination in Deliveries. In this you should find an entry for your delivery type + the item category group of your packaging material + the usage PACK. This should give you the item category which comes up in the delivery.

Now check if you have the same entry for the delivery type used for your STO process.

Brgds

Juergen

P.S. this question is better suited here: , as this is not an EWM question.

---

Want to learn EWM?

Check for EWM courses @ https://training.sap.com/curriculum/scm_ewm

Get a SAP Learning Hub Subscription: https://training.sap.com/shop/learninghub

And it is EWM. NOT eWM - Duh!

anand_sagarsethi
Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks Juergen Pitz.. Your solution worked for me..

I was not fully aware which group this discussion belongs to.

Thanks.

Anand

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anand,

If you need to post consumption of your packing materials (i.e. pallet or any other materials) then you have to set up those materials as auxiliary materials and the activate indicator in product master as "Consumption Relevance". You also have to maintain the inventory stock of that material and then you can post consumptions of such materials.

BR
Anoop