cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LP21 looks at "available Stock", not at "total stock" - this seems wrong! What to do?

joachimrees1
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Today I discovered with horror, that LP21 doesn't work as I thought I would (and still think it should).

My problem is:

it looks at the available stock on the fixed bin.

it should look at the total stock, in my opinion.

Example:

Master-Data:

Min:  10

Max:  50

Replenishment: 40

Situation on Fixed bin:

Total Stock: 40

Available Stock: 5

Picking-Stock: 35

-> so physically, there are still 40 PCE on the fixed bin (of which 35 have picking-TOs created and are "soon" to be picked).

-> the total stock reflects the pysical quantity.

As there are 40 PCE on the bin right now physically, another 40 (repl. quantity) will not fit in there.

This is, why I think LP21 shold NOT create a replenishment in that case.

If LP21 where to look at total stock (instead of available stock) this would solve my problem.

(I now do know this is as documented (LP21 I-Button), but I still think it's wrong!)

Can you think of any workaround sollution?

And do you understand why this can be a problem?

(if we could pick before we do replenishment, this would not hurt much, but right now we have replenishment TOs created, that we cannot execute because of physical constraints)

best

Joachim

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

JuergenPitz
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

maybe Juergen L knows a real solution for this in WM. Can only say, in EWM this works, there you select in the setup if the physical stock or the available stock is used for the replenishment calculation.

Brgds

Juergen

---

Want to learn EWM?

Check for EWM courses @ https://training.sap.com/curriculum/scm_ewm

Get a SAP Learning Hub Subscription: https://training.sap.com/shop/learninghub

And it is EWM. NOT eWM - Duh!

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

No, I have no solution for this replenishment issue based on theoretical or practical experience.

I just knew a 100% that LS26 was not going to help in a usual replenishment process (which is not executed manually).

I just found a docu in help.sap.com saying that we have 2 replenishment functions

Replenishment for Fixed Storage Bins - Warehouse Management System (WMS) - SAP Library

I guess that LP21, LP22 and LP24 is meant, but I am not sure. Eventually this helps for further investigations.

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can you think of any workaround solution?

Process/timing change so picking is happening before a replenishment qty is likely to physically arrive at the BIN. Also TO creation change, avoid creating a total number of TO that would trigger replenishment before the picking can happen (Release smaller waves of deliveries).

And do you understand why this can be a problem?

Consider the stock in the bin a fluid, flowing toward the outbound cartons, the key is to maintain the min/max settings in a way that will allow the replenishment to arrive close to the time it's actually needed, always just before the stock is gone. Let's say you lower the min to just 5 peaces, would the replenishment arrive in time before the bin is empty? If so then that would be the solution.

Fill the bucket just before it gets empty not when the valve is opened to release the water...

Between TO creation timing and MIN/MAX settings It works quite well in an active DC where the stock is flowing out the door.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

As you have mention that the Picking is done & the TO is created that means the Bin has the capacity to store the Replenish Quantity as with WM the process in SAP & Physically should go Hand in Hand.

You can also have any option to set the frequency of LP21 Job depending on the business process.So that the Replenishment is created accordingly.

Regards,

Gopal.

joachimrees1
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Oh, maybe I forgot to mention, that LP21 (RLLNACH1) as well as RLAUTA10 are run by a Job in background, so LS26 certainly won't help!

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

How will LS26 do a replenishment?

How can LP21 be stopped from doing what it does by  looking into LS26?

former_member234835
Active Participant
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I guess you should try to use tCode LS26.

Regards,
Misha

former_member234835
Active Participant
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.