cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

cluster solution on SUSE 11 on IBM Power

kalyan
Participant
0 Kudos

We have SAN storage and want to implement HA solution where IP failover from DB node1 to DB node2 achieves our HA requirements.   I see SAPHANASR solution is available but is based on HANA replication being setup with redudant storage. We want to do away with storage redundancy and hence are looking for solution that can take advantage of SAN. Please let me know your thoughts

Regards

Kalyan

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

You are looking for SAP HANA "Host Auto-Failover", this does what you require. You should keep in mind that this does not have HANA data preloaded in memory (this can be done only with System Replication).

Please follow this link

kalyan
Participant
0 Kudos

Thank you for taking time out to respond. I was looking for active - standby scenario where we have master name server and index server in one node and name server and index server on second node. I am looking for any HA solutions within this scenario.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please have a look at Ralf's document Chapter HA/DR this shows what is currently possible. Host auto failover can be used as a minimalistic approach if you want to save storage redundancy. No other option available without storage redundancy.

fabian_herschel
Participant
0 Kudos

Do you mean a storage-replication scenario? Or do you mean a SAP HA (aka auto host failover) scenario?