Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Create with template & Create with template repetition for VA21

jayeshgala83
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello

Could you please advise if Create with template & Create with template repetition options are available for the Sales documents in SAP?

I have came across the below link but do not know where to find this.

Could you please help me with this?

Copying of Sales Documents - Order - SAP Library

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

jpfriends079
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jayesh,

Have to read about Item Proposal or Dynamic Product Proposal?

Please check do they fit in your requirement.

Thanks, JP

jayeshgala83
Explorer
0 Kudos

Thanks Jyoti.

I checked it after your suggestion but It will not work for my scenario.

I am looking for the copy template functionality to avoid the reference document appearing in the document flow.

Our users create Quotation document from Inquiry document.

They wants to prepare some template quotation documents which they can copy and create the new quotation document. This standard templates have some item level texts which we cannot enter in item proposal.

If they use create with reference option in VA21 then this standard template appears in document flow which they do not want to see.

Because of this I wanted to explore the option for copy template.

I did check few posts where it was suggested to disable the document flow flag in copy control but it does not work.

Thanks

Jayesh

jpfriends079
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Then dynamic product proposal should work for you.

Thanks,  JP

jayeshgala83
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Jyoti

Thanks for your suggestion.

I checked it but my problem is that users have to enter different Item level texts in quotation document.

They do not want to do that manually and to avoid this they are using reference quotation to create a new quotation.

If they use create with reference option in VA21 then this standard template appears in document flow which they do not want to see.

Thanks

Jayesh

jpfriends079
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Did you try this(Dynamic Product Proposal - DPP) on your sandbox?

In Item Proposal, you have to create a sample/template sales order. Now, you have to configure product proposal in such way that your existing or new item proposal becomes the data source for your product proposal. So, when your DPP relevant sales document is created through this method, it will not link that do to template doc.

For your convenience, std Data source for DPP

• A - Order History
  • B - Listing
  • C - Item proposal
  • D - Cust.-material info
  • E - Exclusion

Std Functional Modules for DPP

• SD_DPP_CROSS_SELLING
  • SD_DPP_CUSTOMER_MATERIAL_INFO
  • SD_DPP_EXCLUSION
  • SD_DPP_GET_BLOCK_FLAG
  • SD_DPP_GET_BLOCK_FLAG_ADDRESS
  • SD_DPP_HISTORY
  • SD_DPP_LISTING
  • SD_DPP_PRODUCT_PROPOSAL
  • SD_DPP_READ

Moreover, if you like to call an existing sales order during the processing of sales order, then use command CTRL+F11 from your keyboard. By this system will prompt you a pop similar to reference sales doc.

Thanks, JP

Also refer:

- Product Proposal - ERP SD - SCN Wiki

- Dynamic Product Proposal : Personal List | SCN

jayeshgala83
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello Jyoti

Thanks for your response.

I read the article and did the config. in test system.

After running the report SDPVGEN, I get the below screen. What does it mean? I assume that product proposal has been generated but when I try to create new quotation it does not propose the line item automatically. Could you please advise?

jayeshgala83
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello Experts

Could you please advise on my last post?

Thanks

Jayesh

jpfriends079
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jayesh,

What is the Data Source for DPP?

Thanks, JP

jayeshgala83
Explorer
0 Kudos

I have used SD_DPP_HISTORY - Material from order history module in access sequence.

After configuration I created few quotation documents using VA21 and then executed report SDPVGEN.

At this point I was hoping that when I will create new quotation, it will propose line items.

Thanks

Jayesh

jpfriends079
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
I have used SD_DPP_HISTORY - Material from order history module

In that case, you have to create quotation with the relevant fields and save. When you try to create next quotation, the system will prompt you details from previous quotation by default.

Thanks, JP

jayeshgala83
Explorer
0 Kudos

Thanks Jyoti.

I already created few quotations and executed SDPVGEN.

But after this system was not promoting me for any default data.

Do I have to choose any other function module?

Thanks

Jayesh

jpfriends079
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You don't have to execute report SDPVGEN time and again. This is only a one-time activity after configuration is complete.

Thanks, JP

jayeshgala83
Explorer
0 Kudos

Thanks Jyoti.

It looks like that it is not working.

Is there any way that I can check the proposal created by SDPVGEN report?

Thanks Jayesh

jpfriends079
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Can you provide screenshot from table VBPK/VBPV?

Thanks, JP

jayeshgala83
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello Jyoti

Here is the screenshot.

What I have noticed is that document category field in  VBPV is showing C. But I created quotation so i assume that It has not picked up the data from my quotations.

VBPV

VBPK

jpfriends079
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

It is quite evident from the screenshot that you have successful data from the previous year, not from the current period. So, this functionality works well or was working for one for the sales doc with doc type C. And there are no entries for doc type B.

In change mode VA22 of your quotation. Use choose Edit from the menu bar. Then select Propose item under Additional Functions option.

One more question. Whether you have setup DPP for Background or Online?

Thanks, JP

jayeshgala83
Explorer
0 Kudos

Thanks Jyoti.

I have maintained background Processing.

When i do propose Items from VA22 then it gives me pop up and if i enter any reference order then it is visible in document flow of the quote.

So it looks like that it is not working for the quotation.

Thanks

Jayesh.

jpfriends079
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Kindly provide the screenshot.

jayeshgala83
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello Jyoti

Here is my complete config.

Define Customer Procedure for Product Proposal

Define Document Procedure for Product Proposal

Assign Document Procedure for Product Proposal to Sales Document Types

Maintain Table of Origin for Product Proposal

Define Product Proposal Procedure and Determine Access Sequences

Maintain Procedure Determination (in Background) for Product Proposal

jpfriends079
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Good Morning Jayesh,

Kindly post the screenshot from your customer master relevant to DPP and the doc flow of the quotation.

Thanks, JP

jayeshgala83
Explorer
0 Kudos

Thanks Jyoti. Here is the screenshot.

Below is the quotation which have been created with reference and you can see the parent document.

jpfriends079
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jayesh,

As this discussion was not moving towards the logical conclusion. Therefore, I compiled to test config and results from my Sandbox. Well, I have tested and gave a demo on the functionality to one of my clients way back in the year 2008 as part of my pre-sales consulting exposure.

First of all, few observations to start with:

1. TCode SDPV – Program  SDPVGEN is only applicable to Background processing. And for the online method, you don't need this step.

2. Even though the entries in Table in VBPV is based on Doc Cat as C-Order. The same table holds good for Quotation also.

3. With minimum effort on configuration trial, I was able to achieve desired results but only through Online Configuration.

4. With Online config. The only challenge I see here is, if you have more than 20 items(mostly to do with your screen) and you have to remove few items. Then user my experience inconvenience. As the user need to process all the item, before removing the items not desired.

Screenshots for your perusal:

> Table entry for configuration for the online procedure with FM as SD_DPP_HISTORY. And that is activated for Sales Doc Type QT (Screenshot not shared).

> Table(Header/Item) entries for DPP reference. You can see only one Customer Master - 1034 entries and 5 Material Master entries. As per my observation, VBPV will capture all the relevant data for the given Sales Area, Customer & Material combination for the sales orders created till date.

> Quotation Creation - TCode VA21 Creation overview

> One more screenshot for confirmation that DPP works for Sales Doc Type Quotation.

And you will be amazed to know, there is no preceding doc for this reference in the doc flow. If you want I can provide that screenshot also.

Kindly try as above and share your result. Probably you add few more material and added to the sales order.

Hope that helps.

Thanks, JP

jayeshgala83
Explorer
0 Kudos

Thanks Jyoti for the detailed explanation.

I have tried the below steps now:

1. I did the configuration for online proposal and after this when I tried to create the quotation, it was copying the line items from below automatically.

But when i created the new quotation with more line items, it did not update the VBPV table.

At this point, entry for both online and background processing was maintained in the table TPVSO.

I removed entries for background and then tried again but nothing was changed in VBPV table.

Out of curiosity, I did the entry again for background processing and created the the order using VA01.

Then I ran the job SDPVGEN and then the table VBPV was updated with new lines.

At this point, entry for both online and background processing were in the table TPVSO.

I tried to create quotation now and new lines will be copied automatically.

so somehow it looks like that both the settings are working together.

One more point is that it does not copy the item level text with proposal item. This is where users  wants to avoid manual job.

Could you please check in your example if item level text is copied or not?

Please let me know your views based on above test.

jpfriends079
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

From where/how you trying/expecting to copy the "text" into the quotation?

Thanks, JP

jayeshgala83
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Jyoti,

Users will create a template quotation or order with line items having a text.

Usually this text is same for all the quotation they want to create.

So I was hoping that proposal will copy text item data from the order history and It will be available in new quotations created with reference to this proposal.

Thanks

Jayesh

jpfriends079
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Through DPP,  it is not possible. But,  there are alternate ways to do that. As far as std solution is concern,  you can refer automatic text determination to quotation.  It can be either determined from a customers master for header text or from a material master for item text.

Thanks, JP

moazzam_ali
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

In SAP ECC we use create order with reference functionality. I have never seen the create order with template thing but this link shows that there is some settings which we can use. I also read difference between create order with reference and create order with template. As per my understanding difference is there in updating document flow. With reference means document flow will be updated and with template it will not be updated.

I tried to search the node but couldn't find in my IDes and DEV servers. From Google searching I found following link.

-Copying Control-SAP SPRO IMG activity details

These transaction codes are working though but I am not able to find any clue for using create with template thing.

I'd like to see comments from others if someone has ever used this functionality.

CC:  

Jyoti Prakash

Thank$