cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trouble with Time-Based assembly

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

We face problems with Time-Based Assembly and I wanted to know, whether somebody else has the same and/or knows a solution to it.

Our setup:

Resource R1 is assigned to be time-Based-Resource

Resource R1 received a Slot-configuration loaded, which contains component C1

BOM B1 consists of 3 operations, O1, O2 and O3, whereof O1 and O3 require the Component C1, Qty 1, Qty as required activated.

Product P1 has a router, which contains O1, O2 and O3

Now, product P1 is processed in ShopOrder SO1.

At the first Operation O1, the component C1 is filled to the BOM Position of Component C1 in Operation O1 AND O3.

When processing O3, the Component C1 is not assembled anymore, but disappears in the As-Built-configuration at both of the Operation O1 and O3!

We noticed the error because we face problems when we need to scrap part of the SFC.

When we perform a scrap of a part of the SFC, an error occurs, telling, that the SFCASSY does not exist for the COMP_TIME_LOG_HANDLE of the component C1, which disappeared

After adding the component manually to the SFC, and scrapping the part, both of the Assembly are shown in As-Built-Configuration, the time-based-assembly and the manual assembly.
Therefore, the assembly did just disappear temporarly.

Does anybode has an idea about how to solve?

We work on SAP ME 15.1.1.4

There was no issue on SAP ME 6.0

Thanks a lot in advance for your help

Yvonne

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

0 Kudos

Hi,

Actually there seem to be at least 2 issues:

- the component associated with OP3 gets assembled at OP1;

- TB-assemblies "disappearing";

- depending on the root cause of the above, Scrap might have an issue of interpreting TB-assembly data.

So, you'd rather submit a support ticket to investigate it fully.

One more concern I have is about why you need "Assemble Qty as Required" activated. If this is a TB-assembling, machines should "know" precisely how many units need to be assembled. If you deactivate this flag, does this affect the scenario?

Regards,

Sergiy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sergiy

thanks for your answer

Yes, I tried it with and without Qty-as-required, and we face the same effect.

I had this field activated due to some QTY-issues we had on the old version 6.0.

I will submit a ticket as you suggested.

unless you answer again, i will close the ticket mid next week.

Thanks

KR Yvonne

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sergiy

I need to come back to my question.
Do you know, where time-based-assembly Data are saved, once they are linked to a production lot? I can't find it in SFC-Assy, where I would expect it.

If manual assembly is performed, assembled component, assembly date, SFC, resource etc. are listed in MES report "As-Built-Configuration" AND DB-Table "SFC-Assy" for every assembly.

For time based components, the assembly is shown only in MES report "As-Built-Configuration", but is empty in DB-Table "SFC-Assy". Only after having performed a scrap on the SFC, the original assembly is listed as a row and the Scrap-Activity is listed as a row in DB-Table "SFC-Assy".

So, for the information in As-Built-Configuration, does MES report "As-Built-configuration" execute a SQL-Query over Comp-time-log and Production-log every time, the report is looked at?

If yes, is it possible, that SQL-Query results takes to long, so that information gets lost, and Scrap doesn't work due to that?

Kind regards.

Yvonne

0 Kudos

Hi Yvonne,

TB-data is stored in COMP_TIME_LOG* tables, and ABC report joins it with RESOURCE_TIME_* tables. You can see this in SQL trace, if enabled and collected for the report. This is done each time the report is triggered.

Implementation of Scrap discretizes the TB-data and thus you see it in SFC_ASSY table after the Scrap.

Long time of the report execution? Quite possible. I guess, recently there have been sereval fixes to improve TB-related performance. You can check SAP Notes for this.

Regards,

Sergiy