Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP Lumira 1.31 - BusinessObjects Universe UNV/UNX limitations

former_member197846
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I would like to know if there are any limitation on the amount of data that can be acquired in SAP Lumira 1.31 from SAP BusinessObjects 4.1/4.2 Universe built on ECC or any other data source.

PAM document for Lumira 1.31 mentions that there are restrictions and points to Release Restriction document but I was not able to find any thing in Release Restriction.

Please help.

Thanks,

Abhijit

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

varunanand
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Abhijit,

This has been a discussion for quite sometime now. Please refer to the discussion below,

https://scn.sap.com/thread/3378134

In 1.31 we did get the BW safety belt over ride ability. By modifying the INI file you can extend the cell import capability, as Lumira imports the data in most of the cases.

Thank you,

Varun Anand

former_member197846
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Varun,

Thanks for the response.

But as you can see in my response to Tammy, I have pasted a snapshot from Lumira 1.31 Desktop PAM document. There it has been mentioned that

The usage of Universe data acquisition for large data volume is not supported. Please refer to Release Restriction document.

I am trying to understand what this statement is indicating as I could not find any reference for this in Lumira 1.31 Release restriction document.

Thanks,

Abhijit

TammyPowlas
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

We will need to ask SAP to engage on the release restriction document - hopefully we can ask for assistance.

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Well, from under the bus where I was thrown LOL (just kidding Tammy), that statement does not make much sense. I will have to investigate what that is supposed to mean and if it even should be part of any documentation. But it's certainly a statement that make the cautious and wary user cringe... so I do understand the question.

As Tammy and others mentioned, the limit is more likely to be dependent on the hardware and load than anything else. I am certainly not aware of any source specifying that only such and such data volume should be used. I will post the query to our internal forum for the Program Management team to comment on and come back here when I hear from them. As a by the by, the following may be of interest:

SAP NOTE: 1931691 - Performance hints for Design Studio applications

(The above was created for Design Studio, but a lot of great info that will apply to Lumira)

- Ludek

Senior Support Engineer Product Support

Follow us on Twitter (#SAPLumira)

Got Enhancement ideas? Use the SAP Idea Place 

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

TammyPowlas
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

There is likely no "one size fits all" answer to this

It is dependent on how much RAM your desktop has - assuming you are using Lumira Desktop

For example, if your desktop has 4GB RAM, it won't bring back as much data as if you had 8 GB RAM

former_member197846
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks Tammy for quick response.

I am aware of the limitation posed by Desktop configuration. But I noticed there is a limitation mentioned in Lumira 1.31 PAM document.

Please see the snapshot below from PAM [refer to last point for (*1)]. I was not able to find anything in Lumira 1.31 Release Restriction.

Trying to understand what limitation that point is trying to convey.

Thanks,

Abhijit

Former Member
0 Kudos

In Lumira 1.31, if you search through the documentation, there is a local INI file setting (2 key values) that can be overridden to control how much data is pulled by the Lumira client, regardless of the restriction set on the BOBJ server.  This was a key feature change in Lumira 1.31.  I am NOT however, sure how it impacts universes.  In our BW/BEx environment, it allowed me to solve some restrictions on the data pull side that were impacting our calculations.