cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgrade / Install SMP3.0SP11 on Linux fails

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I'm trying to either upgrade or install SMP 3.0 SP11 (SAPSMPRT3011_0-20011875.TGZ) on SLES11.3, but it does not work (developer/test install with SQLAnywhere)

What I've tried so far:

1. We had SMP3 SP10 P9 installed. An upgrade to SP11 fails as it can not start the database: smp3.sa.error.log: License file could not be found.

2. I patched SP10 to the latest release Patch 11 and tried to upgrade to SP11, same error

3. I tried to install from scratch (I moved the whole SP10P11 install-folder to a different location) and tried to install, but the installer tells me he wants to upgrade and could not find an installed version

4. I installed SMP3 SP10 P0 from scratch nd tried to upgrade to SP11P0 with same error message during database start: smp3.sa.error.log: License file could not be found.

(Edit:)

The error I see during upgrade is the following:

(Aug 24, 2016 11:08:35 AM), , com.sap.install.smp.wizardaction.ExecSilentInstall, dbg, ClusterVersionUpgrade: arguments:  /usr/sap/MP3 CLUSTERVERSIONUPGRADE

(Aug 24, 2016 11:08:39 AM), , com.sap.install.smp.wizardaction.ExecSilentInstall, err, ERROR: return value: 1

(Aug 24, 2016 11:08:39 AM), , com.sap.install.smp.wizardaction.ExecSilentInstall, err, ERROR: Upgrade failed

Database interaction failed: java.sql.SQLException: JZ006: Caught IOException: java.net.ConnectException: Connection refused

JZ006: Caught IOException: java.net.ConnectException: Connection refused. ERROR CODE: 0. SQL State: JZ006

I also implemented notes 2352475 and 2345724 but these do not help in this case.

Apart from that the installation is "untouched", a simple standard developer/test install on SQLAnywhere on SLES11 SP3 in the base folder /usr/sap/MP3

Do you guys have any idea on what went wrong? How can I either upgrade to or fresh-install SMP3.0 SP11? Of course I'm going to implement SP11 Patch 2 afterwards.

Regards

Michael

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Jitendra_Kansal
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

I would suggest you to raise an OSS ticket.  We had issues (not same as yours) upgrading from SP10 to 11 (with Oracle DB), it worked after SAP support team provided workaround.

Regards,

JK

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks, I've done so. Incident no: 319171 / 2016

Sadly, the time used to get a solution is often faster if SCN is chosen over the SAP incident process.

I'll keep you posted.

agentry_src
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Michael,

That is actually a result of SCN having effectively no limit to the resources and much broader experience base than the SAP incident handlers.  Not a slight upon the incident handlers, but with an incident you only get one person's experience at a time. 

In SCN, dozens if not hundreds of people review your issue.  While each may not be more experienced than the incident handler, as an aggregate, they bring much more knowledge to the table.  Of course the drawback is that all that experience is volunteered.  Hence the rather high level of politeness in posts (usually). 

Cheers, Mike (yes, I am a moderator and an SAP employee)

SAP Technology RIG