cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to refresh a View?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I have a View which is a statndard Input form where user can updte his details. After pressing the "Update" field the details are being saved to a certain DB.

My question is how do I refresh the view and show the user the updated details after the update?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Roy,

There is no built-in default refresh for the view. Seems like u have wrote the code in wdDoInit.

If that is the case invalidate the node and then call the wdDOInit again.

I am not sure of which UI element ur using for triggering this update action.I can suggest u a logic.

Put the data fetch code in wdDoModifyView and trigger the action with a element which renders the view.This might not be a good procedure to follow. Nevertheless i just thought of putting forth my view.

Thanks and Regards

Bharathwaj

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Roy

If U want ur view to reflect the updated values, then U need to call the RFC again.I believe ,I have understood Ur requirement correctly.

Former Member
0 Kudos

That's an idea alright but if there is no built-in default refresh for the view I think I'll stay with my current solution. 10X Anyway...

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You need to invalidate the context and fill the context again with updated data after clicking on the "Update" button.

Regards, Anilkumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

If this is the case I can simply call the wdDoInit() method but isn't there a "buit-in" refresh method for the view?