cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP WM bin sorting query

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have a following bin numbers from same storage type and character position 7 and 8 denotes the level of the bin.

XX21110200

XX21080100

XX21040400

XX21040300

XX21020300

XX21020200

XX21020100

XX01100300

XX01100200

XX01100100

XX00010601

XX00010501

XX00010101

We have set stock removal strategy H. I would like to know how can I utilize bin sort sequence functionality so that if a material with same batch exists in multiple bins, it will be picked from the lower level bins first and from next upper level.

Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

JuergenPitz
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

OK, first to clarify: you use strategy H and your bins have 10 characters, so I suppose you use WM (which is then the wrong forum here, you should better ask this in

H means that the system is to pick the quant with the shortest shelf life expiry period. So you don't need FIFO.

The next sorting is the quant number, nothing else. So sorting the bins as Olet describes does not sort anything as you require (as it says in the link he set "The sequence value defines the sequence in which the picker is to remove goods from the storage bins". That means it is effecting the item sequence in the transfer order).

The quant number is affected from the goods receipt or actually from the putaway sorting (if you have for example 1 quant with 100 pcs in GR and then create 10 new quants during putaway, the sort sequence for putaway creates these quant numbers).

For what you want you need to build your own strategy resp. enhance the standard strategy.

Brgds

Juergen

---

Want to learn EWM?

Check for EWM courses @ https://training.sap.com/curriculum/scm_ewm

Get a SAP Learning Hub Subscription: https://training.sap.com/shop/learninghub

And it is EWM. NOT eWM - Duh!

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Shyam,

You have to ue the technique of sort bins during picking.

It is used when you have to define your own sequence during picking.

Please check the below link

Define Sort Sequence for Stock Removal

BR,

Olet

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Olet.

This requirement came after the bin naming is done.

I have tried bin sort sequence with character position/sorting combination as follows:

1     2    3/5     4/6     5/3    6/4     7/1    8/  9     10

Since this did not work I tried few other combinations just to check if it really changes the bin sequence during picking. After configuration was done I changed the sort sequence for all existing bins using LS11. But none of the combination changes the inherent sorting logic.

In our business one product and batch combination can have multiple quantities stored in different bins.

Users need to pick from the lowest bins first irrespective of the stack position.

Warm Regards,

Shyam

romit_raina
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello ,

I think If you use FIFO then the system will find the correct batch code and then find the lowest bin with the required batch.

if the correct batch code does not in your lowest storage section it will check to the next section and so on until it finds what you have told it to look for.

If you want to use FIFO for batch selection you shouldn't expect the sort sequence to over ride that, batch selection must take priority over picking sort sequence.

Stay Awesome

Romit Raina