cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can not assign delivery to shipment

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Expert,

I have created a delivery with material type NLAG and item category TAX while creating the shipment document at VT01N when I assign the delivery it gives the message delivery not assigned and does not show any error message.

Is it a problem of item category, do I need to change the item category from TAX to TAN, please guide me.

Regards

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

0 Kudos

Hi Mallick,

Material type NLAG is Non Valuated Stock Item and Item category TAX is Non Stock Item. While you using this Item category, system not check the storage location and picking the quantity. So no need for delivery document.

Thank you

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Rajasekaran,

In my scenario material type is NLAG and the requirement is to create delivery and shipment as well, do I need to change the item category from TAX.

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Juergen,

I had to change the item category from TAX to TAN and the route was not assigned to the delivery, when i assigned the route on delivery and tried VT01N it worked.

But now at the time of PGI it is asking me assign a store location.

I am using NLAG material type and there is no store location.

Looking for you expert advise

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

As you have created delivery with the Item category TAX...

Can you share the screen shot for VOV7 for Item category TAX.

Would like to check if the setting for Item category TAX in VOV7 if the Item relevant for DLV .

Regards,

Gopal.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Mr Gopal,

here is the detail of TAX

former_member234835
Active Participant
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Mr Khan,

Here is the status screen,Picking is complete and WM is irrelevant for my case, looking for your expert opinion.

JuergenPitz
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

That was easy...

your transport planning status (colum TS) is C. That mean the delivery is already assigned to a shipping document.

Brgds

Juergen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

As per the delivery details you shared the shipping document seems already assigned to the delivery as specified by the status C for transport Planning & this should allow you to proceed further.

Regards,

Gopal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Juergen,

Sorry for the wrong screen shot. here is the correct status for the deliver

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

And now the status is empty - press the F1 field help and read.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Juergen,

Here is the screen shot of delivery status, this time I tried it with the item category TAN and material type NLAG, but still unable to assign the delivery on VT01N.