cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ICMon - Min. Status Age, Max. iDoc Age, Data Collection Interval and Email Alerts

Former Member
0 Kudos

I admit that there is a lot of documentation on Solution Manager Interface Channel Monitoring out there and I have read a few and used other resources, including this forum, to help me with this question but so far I have not found what I am looking for. I am hoping an answer to this question may help others too.

I have a requirement to send out email alerts for iDocs in Status 64 only after an iDoc has been sitting in the system for one hour or more since they are usually reprocessed within 15 minutes. After several days of testing it appears that the alerts are being received from Solution Manager anywhere between 40 and 60 minutes. 

My question is which, if any, of the Interface Channel Configuration parameters can be used to control the frequency of email notifications that are sent from Solution Manager when a defined iDoc status is found in the Managed System.  Also what are the relationships between Max iDoc Age, Minimum Status Age and Data Collection Interval? Can they be manipulated to achieve the results I am looking for?.

Thanks

Below are some of the Interface Channel configuration parameters I have set in our system. I have tried other combinations of Max iDoc Age, Min. Status Age and Data Collection Interval.

Solution Manager 7.1 SP 13

iDoc Direction - Inbound

Max iDoc Age  - 1 Hr

Metric Configuration - Current number of iDoc exceptions (Real-time) (Total)

Min. Status Age - 30 mins

Data Collection Interval - 30 mins.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

manish_singh13
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Charles,

I believe you can manipulate values for Max, Minimum Age and Data Collection Interval to achieve your desired result.

As per your current configuration Data Collection Interval job is running every 30 minutes which checks if any IDOC is in error status and then it sends the notification alert.

Also it is not mandatory that as per this data collection interval you will receive alert due to other dependency (Max IDOC age and Minimum Status Age).

I think if you lower the data collection and minimum status age then there will be good chances that you will receive notification alert a bit early.

Thanks,

Manish