Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DDIC Password Locked

Former Member
0 Kudos

Experts,

I have the user DDIC password locked.Could anyone help me recover the password from the SQL database.

6 REPLIES 6

Former Member
0 Kudos

Muthyal,

Generally speaking you cannot recover the password as only the hashed password value is stored. You should reset the password and unlock the ID.

Cheers,

Ben

Former Member
0 Kudos

You could logon SAP* and then use SU01 to change the password for DDIC.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Satish,

User DDIC can be unlocked using any user who has administration privelages(example: SAP*) using SU01.

Infact as benjamin said you cannot recover the encrypted password from SQL database, the only alternative is unlock and reset the password.

there is one situation where in you have to use a SQL query, that is when u create a new client and SAP* User get locked , since you have no other user to unlock it(assuming you are logging in for the first time and got SAP* locked)

SQL Query is as follows :

delete from <i>HOSTNAME</i>.NBW.nbw.USR02 where BNAME='SAP*' and MANDT='000'

This is possible because the SAP* user is hardcored to kernel , when you delete this user from database, SAP automatically gets this user from the kernel.

Please let me know if this information met your requirements and also award points accordingly.

Regards,

Raju

0 Kudos

i also have same problem

but it is not working ....

what is NBW.nbw ?

iam using IDES ECC 6

-- Lee Green

0 Kudos

Hi Lee,

go through the below thread

Regards,

Bharath.

former_member190272
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Login system user SAP* and enter T Code Su01and unlock user DDIC.or Change passward if you want change passward

Awards point if help full

Thanks

Pankaj Kumar