Lumira with BW-BEx Structure
We are working with Lumira 1.30/ BW 7.4.
There's a requirement to display % which are already calculated in the BW-BEx Structures.
However, due to the incorrect aggregation in Lumira, these are not displayed correctly in the visualizations.
Has anyone encountered such an issue? Would appreciate any insights.
Based on my experience with Bex queries in Lumira, I am almost positive that you will not be able to get your rate calculations to match between Lumira and Bex if you are not getting the same grain of data in both. This was a hugely frustrating issue for us because we could not figure out why it was happening. Once we did, we were not able to solve the issue until Lumira 1.31 because of the data extraction governors that were in place on the BOBJ side. We wound up increasing our cell limits on both the BOBJ side as well as on the Lumira client side to be able to pull enough data to make the values match, and then we ran into a different problem that nearly caused me to go on a rampage.
I believe that Lumira does some (or all) of the calculations locally rather than just taking the calced valued directly from BEx, which is why if your grains don't match you get the wrong answer. It's also why your counts and simple sums are fine - because they are straightforward additions of extracted data rather than calculations (as you have in your rate calcs).