Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Activity stream issues (Filter options)

Steffi_Warnecke
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello there,

I just looked around the BETA again and thought it was time to write down some of my recent findings of issues.

I replied to a discussion in the Coffee Corner and a question and did some commenting and acception of replies etc. Now if I filter by "Blogs" in the activity stream, instead of seeing only blogging content, I see the discussion and question.

Filtering for questions shows no content whatsoever.

Under the "Social Activities" filter I just see my following of the question, but not my accepting a reply as an answer. Those I only see, when I use the default filter of "All activity types". But maybe I understand "Social" wrong and it shouldn't be under that filter.

Also I don't see my downvote of the question in the stream, nor my unaccepting auf the reply as answer. I'd expect to see those, too, or we have the same issues as we're having now on the current platform for "where did it go?"

Regards,

Steffi.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Steffi_Warnecke
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Well, you'll get Karma just for q&a and not for blogs or discussions, so either way, those blogs don't hurt.

And you can't create them in the CC directly. So maybe the tag will be retired from being used in new content.

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

comparing with your earlier screenshot the activity stream became even worse, since it does not anymore display the title of the discussion, instead it repeats the comment

Only in case of blogs is the title displayed

Steffi_Warnecke
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

And there is still that thing, that I get infos on updates for users and tags I don't even follow.

Still a lot of work needed until go live....

former_member28818
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Juergen, I believe that bug is only on the qa platform. Have you seen it on BETA-prod?

JL23
Active Contributor
former_member28818
Contributor
0 Kudos

Juergen, thanks for clarifying that. I was not aware of this and thus have reached out to IT and am investigating. I will update you as soon as I have an answer.

former_member28818
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Jurgen,

After hearing back from IT I was able to learn that there has been a ticket open for this as well. The ticket has only been recently created. The issue was not added to the Known Bugs List and I apologize for that. I have just added the issue and documented your name as the reporter.

Again, thank you so much for bringing this up here. I absolutely think this ticket, and the one on the Filter for Activity Stream not working properly should be prioritized post Go-Live (in perspective of the other known bugs documented for the Activity Stream). Would you say you agree? Your thoughts would be welcome as this.

Thanks

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I my projects I would not accept anything without a commitment for a date of delivery.

But here I am just one among some thousands and I am sure you have to tackle some more important bugs than this one, and the danger is big to make things worse and to break other things with a hectic last minute fix (we just see it with the pictures that cannot be loaded anymore and the footer that became a belt)

Honestly, my imagination is already beyond Eastern with that huge list of bugs and feedback and I expect much more to come when the gate to Jive is closed and the people realize that the new SCN is not just clean and nice.

jcgood25
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

'after-launch' isn't precise enough for a date of delivery?  Using the common terms from our activities feeds, this would make the timestamp either 'days from now' or 'weeks from now'...

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

after lunch is more precise than after launch. I received some mails last week from ideas that got closed. Some of these ideas from 2012 had the feedback "considered for after launch" 

former_member28818
Contributor
0 Kudos

I am just glad you guys still find humor in all of this! @Jurgen, thanks for your understanding words and pointing out how last minute fixes can be detrimental when so many things are at play.

About older ideas from 2012 (Idea Place ideas?) I believe the ideas that were still pertinent to the new platform were added to the feedback list so we may consider them when needed. The ideas that had already been offered in JIVE, or implemented in the new platform, were also closed. It was definitely nice seeing some of the ideas getting implemented. I sure hope we can keep doing the same in the new platform, implementing new features that were widely requested during the Beta testing phase.

@Jeremy, I believe there is a ticket open for the Activity Stream incorrectly showing the server time instead of the system time. However, your suggestion sounds more like a feedback. Do you know if it was logged in the feedback list? I am happy to add it there if you could kindly elaborate. If I am not mistaken, you are suggesting having the date indicated instead of "X days ago" in the Activity Stream? 

VeselinaPeykova
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Is Mañana the right term?

jcgood25
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Humor wouldn't be the term I would use to describe it, but I do feel like a Lemming at times...

- I earned my green bug sticker badge, but consider the detailed context of the items I provided as feedback in May, which was '5 months ago'.  I will take a look at the feedback list and add one accordingly - the whole timestamp / dateformat issue is all over the place.

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

yes, I and some others want a meaningful time stamp. I had reported this in the Jam space as it is needed to evaluate moderator alerts.

Just saying "a day ago" does not give me any hint if somebody just repeated the same answer hours later or at the same time and could not have known about the other answer.

It is listed in the point 73

The info is present, why not showing it, why blurring it with this useless information.

Here a screenshot from Q&A detail of a question where an old reply is shown with date and time and a younger reply with an unspecific 18 hours ago.

this is from Q&A overview

and this from the activity stream:

former_member28818
Contributor
0 Kudos

@Jurgen,

Again, thanks for clarifying that! I am afraid I will not be able to speak for the Q&A view, but I believe the time-stamps on Q&A changes to a date if a content is older than six days. Also, the blogging platform shows the precise date and time of content and comments regardless of how long ago it was published. As for the Activity Stream, I believe the requirement for the time stamp on the Activity Stream to be shown as "x hours/days/weeks ago" must have come from JIVE. I just checked and that is how it is shown in the current platform. Perhaps we should change your feedback No. 73 from cross platform to Q&A? 

@Jeremy,

I had to look up what a Lemming is! Anyways, thanks for participating in the SAP Community Beta Tester Mission. I was very happy to get your feedback. I apologize but I was not sure what precisely you were talking about. I was able to go back to the feedback you submitted but could not find anything related to this particular issue.

Thanks

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

It is actually across platforms as even the Jam space shows it that way:

jcgood25
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Jurgen,

When comparing apps on my iPhone, Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook, Instagram, etc. the conspiracy against actual date time stamps is very evident, so assumedly people like this?  I think for anything within a few days it can have some easy relevance, [today, yesterday] and within the last few minutes or hours, but there are points of diminishing return when you don't keep up regularly.  After a certain timeframe all the content becomes a useless scroll of excrement, like most of the aforementioned social media apps.  The more things or people you follow, the worse it becomes.  Even the Communications feed here in Jive follows this pattern, and I am responding to your '4 minutes ago' entry...

Not sure this is one we will get much priority on, simply because conforming to social media standards is seemingly stacked against us.

jcgood25
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

My point for bringing up the comments on the mission were to point out the progress on what I deemed as critical issues:

• Things I want to see:    
    -Better overall integration of the fragmented sites (right now the community feeling is missing)     -Fully functioning SSO -- too many times the header avatar is missing and you need to manually force login    
    -all of the relevant DOC-xxxx should not be in the ARCHIVE location (too many valuable contributions buried in there)    
    -enhanced search drill down and filtering capabilities (don't recall if I provided this as feedback or a bug)    
    -better / more frequent communication on timelines and how, if, and/or when we will see more of a finished SCN product.  
    Open beta for 4+ months, and some of these features that I would expect to have from the beginning are coming at public launch.
    We have some levels of satisfaction in many of my key bullet points, but search is one of the largest disappointments.  And by search I don't mean an input box or scrolling list of returned items...I mean one that allows people to intuitively leverage tags and drill down to find the content they need.

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes in Jive we have also this x minutes ago, but at least when I open the discussion I can see the exact time and date. And also in the forums, when going to the content page I can see date and time.

One reliable place would be fine.

By the way, yesterday I showed my daughter a newspaper which was 39815 days old.

Steffi_Warnecke
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

So I just checked this again.

>> Filter for "Blogs" now shows blogs, but still also q&a's and Coffee Corner discussions/comments.

>> Filter for "Questions & Answers" looks ok to me.

>> Filter for "Profile Updates" shows nothing and also misses/cuts the end of the filter list.

That's probably the issue reported here:

>> Filter for "Social Activities" shows a lot of info like upvoting, liking, following, but still no downvoting and no accepting/unaccepting an answer.

Accepting an answer and earning a new mission badge only shows up in the "All Acitivities", I would count those to the "Social Activities", too.

VeselinaPeykova
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Coffee corner content is actually blogs, just this is not very obvious.

I think, it deserves to be a separate item - in many cases during the week you don't have the time to check all fun threads.

Steffi_Warnecke
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Blogs? oO I'd say it belongs to q&a, if you look at the url.

And the filter "Blogs" also shows questions and answers, not just CC discussions, so there is definitly something strange going on here.

VeselinaPeykova
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Coffee corner tag is also available in blogs - no idea why... but you are right - only the questions in coffee corner appear as Coffee corner content. My mistake - it shows how simple and intuitive is the site. I think I will have to read the manual eventually.

Edit:

The blog tagged Coffee Corner is displayed in blogs and goes to some strange place called Coffee Corner Archives.

An Easter egg?

Coffee Corner Archives - SAP Blogs

Message was edited by: Veselina Peykova

Steffi_Warnecke
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Wooooow, I just followed your link to the blog archive and discovered all those CC blogs that are hidden here in SCN! Finally we have a chance to read up on some of those lost gems again.

That's why there is a CC tag in the blogs I think, because today blogs exist in the CC and they have to move somewhere.

VeselinaPeykova
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The question is - will we keep the option to create blogs in CC after the official launch?

If yes - then will likes for such content count against total Karma?

I wasn't active at the time when blogs were allowed in Coffee Corner, but I read some threads explaining why people chose to disable them.

Jelena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

OMG, I found the old blog that went into oblivion after blogs were restricted in CC: Wouldn't it be Great if People Wanted to Get Their Questions Answered - more rant - SAP Blo...

audreystevenson
Community Manager
Community Manager
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I can tell you why: you discovered a bug. We do not intend to have Coffee Corner as a selectable primary tag for new blogs when we launch, so this will be fixed.

But we are migrating the old ones, so as least that content will be visible again (in Jive we had no way to selectively show the existing CC blogs without allowing new ones so they "disappeared").

Regards,

Audrey