Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BI 4.1 SP 6 IDT connection to MS SQL 2014 SP2

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

we use Business Objects 4.1 SP6.

How should I create the relational connection in IDT to connect to MS SQL 2014 SP2 server?

At the moment I use this type of connection.

Should I use generic ODBC datasource or Microsoft SQL Server 2014 ODBC Driver or Microsoft SQL Server 2014 OLE DB Driver.

Is it necessary to install SQL Server Native Client 12.0 or SQL Server Native Client 11.0?

Is it necessary to change the file sqlsrv.sbo?

In Semantic Layer Relationally Exposed DATA SOURCES document from SAP I can see that they support SQL Server Native Client 12.0.

But I can not find this for download.

Can anyone please tell me how to configure the connection in Multisource Universe in IDT to MS SQL 2014.

If possible with screenshots.

I tried with all combinations (ODBC, with native client and ole db) but our data federation server always stops with java exception.

I think BI 4.1 SP6 support connections to MS SQL 2014 SP2?

regards, Helmut

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Hi,

JDBC and ODBC connections are supported to MS SQL 2014. Supported is the SQL Native Client 12.0. I alsways go for the ODBC connection.

Please make sure that you created a 64 Bit connection on the server side and a 32 bit connectio on the client side where you run the IDT. Ideally both connections have the same name.

Regards

-Seb.

CdnConnection
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Helmut,

The PAM for  BI 4.1 w/ SP06 also shows that you can use SQL Native Client 11 to connect to SQL 2014, see below

Regards,

Ajay

0 Kudos

Hi,

JDBC and ODBC connections are supported to MS SQL 2014. Supported is the SQL Native Client 12.0. I alsways go for the ODBC connection.

Please make sure that you created a 64 Bit connection on the server side and a 32 bit connectio on the client side where you run the IDT. Ideally both connections have the same name.

Regards

-Seb.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I created 64 bit and 32 bit connection.

Do you use this SQL Server driver for SQL 2014?

0 Kudos

Hi,

no. Because that's the Build- In Driver of Windows. Looks like that the Native Client is not installed on the machine where the screenshot came from.

Regards

-Seb.

CdnConnection
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Helmut,

You can ask your SQL Administrator for the MS SQL 2014 DVD, it will contain the native driver.

Here is the download for Native driver 13.0

Download Microsoft® ODBC Driver 13 for SQL Server® - Windows from Official Microsoft Download Center

Other options is to download MS SQL Native Driver 13.1, it supports SQL 2014

Download Microsoft® ODBC Driver 13.1 for SQL Server® - Windows from Official Microsoft Download Cent...

You can also download MS SQL 2014 Feature Pack, it offers driver download

Download Microsoft® SQL Server® 2014 Feature Pack from Official Microsoft Download Center

You will need to install the 32bit Native Drivers on all Client running IDT and 64bit drivers on all the BI Platform Servers.

Regards,

Ajay