Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

problem with Xi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi friends,

I got a task on Xi ...

Task : When a SAP R/3 System creates a Customer or changes a customer .SAP R/3 shoud trigger an event that XI would detect and transform to the database .If Xi fails to do this it needs to be sent out notifying that the cutomer failed upon creation/update to database.

Pls give brief prcedure to do this...

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

moorthy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

HI,

These exception handling can be done in different ways based on the exact requirements.

Using Alerts you can achieve this very easily.

1) You can do in the Adapter Engine- JDBC Adapter if you use this to transform the data into JDBC

2) If the JDBC is sending the response back to XI based on the Create/Update ( if there is any error) then you can do the response mapping and send the notification.

Alerts:http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw2004s/helpdata/en/3f/81023cfa699508e10000000a11402f/content.htm

Hope this helps,

Regards,

Moorthy

Former Member
0 Kudos

hey

u can do this by IDOC to JDBC scenario,and i guess u have to use BPM too.once u send the request to JDBC,u can have a response coming back and if the response is update failed then u can trigger mail adapter(or alert) to send the mail to receiver

thanx

ahmad

Message was edited by:

Ahmad

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ahmad,

thank you for your reply.

But how to trigger the chage/creation of customer in SAP sytem to XI

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey

i didnt read ur question properly,so i guess my old design waz wrong.sorry

read my updated reply

thanx

ahmad

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sunil,

If you use the IDOCs you can trigger by change pointers for Customer changes or creations.

It should be set as the job(sm36) as per frequency requirement.

Hope it helps............

--Mili.

Message was edited by:

Mili c

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi mili,

How to trigger by change pointers

Former Member
0 Kudos

hey

also ,what are u supposed to do if the creation/update is successful?

thanx

ahmad

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi sunil,

Need to do the ALE Configuration first.

Then once you create or change the Customer master, you can create IDOC manually from trnx BD10.

Or you can run the job in sm36, for report RBDMIDOC by creating a variant for message type DEBMAS.

For ALE Configuration you can follow the Blog https://weblogs.sdn.sap.com/pub/wlg/5651. [original link is broken] [original link is broken] [original link is broken] [original link is broken]

Hope this helps....

-

Mili.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Reward points if helpful........

-

Mili.