cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HR Trigger - PA40 Action terminating a user and creating a user

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have an odd issue with a PA40 action (term) causing the HR trigger to send multiple SLG1 triggers to the GRC system.

The first log has Info-type 0000 which the decision table uses to correctly terminate the user, but then the 0105 SLG1 log is sent with a blank "old value" causing the decision table to assume it is a new user with a new 105 user ID record. This causes the user to get updated with default roles and active validity.  The decision table logic is to check the 105 to see if a new user id (no old value) exists. If so create a user.

This is how the log (accurately) comes in when a PA30 record is updated for the same infotype.

Your guidance would be much appreciated.

-Jonathan

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Jonathan,

Suggest you to check note 2344832 - HR Trigger Termination issues - and confirm that the mentioned SAP notes have been applied in your GRC and plug-in systems.

Best Regards,

Zoltan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Zoltan,

Thanks for the response.I have these notes already applied in the GRC system, however I wasn't aware that GRC notes needed to be applied to the plugin system as well! Is there any documentation around this so that I may forward this to my basis personnel and ask them to mimic the notes in the HR system.

Your response is much appreciated.

-Jonathan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Jonathan Sung wrote:

...however I wasn't aware that GRC notes needed to be applied to the plugin system as well!

Jonathan,

I read the Note and agree that it is not entirely clear that there are corrections for the plugin system(s) as well as the GRC system, but the clue is there:

Note 2323269 (GRCPINW V1100_700, V11_731)

GRCPINW = SAP GRC NetWeaver Plugin

Check your plug in systems (System> Status> Product Version> Details) and you will see this component among those listed on the Installed Software Component Versions tab.

Gretchen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Gretchen,

Seems 2323269 is not released.

All the other notes are specific to GRC system.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Jonathan,

Sometimes they pull a Note back when they are "updating" it ( AKA fixing the bugs in it), so it not being released today can actually be a blessing in disguise. The last thing you need is to install a Note that breaks other stuff; we've all been there. Your options at this point are to contact SAP Support about the Note not being RTC, or just wait and check again in a few days, depending on the urgency of the issue.

Good luck!

Gretchen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks - I have opened an SAP ticket for this issue. I wonder if anyone else has their logs for PA40 showing similar issues and how they got around it.

Thanks,

Jonathan

former_member193066
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

Please review your logic for user creation and termination.

Looks like it satisfies both action .

Regards,

Prasant

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prasanth,

What logic are you referring to? Decision table logic?

Thanks,

-Jonathan

former_member193066
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes, decision table of HR trigger.

Regards,

Prasant

Answers (0)