cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transport SPRO tasks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Are all the customizations through SPRO must be created across systems - DEV, QAS, and PRD - or are they transportable?

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

pratik_mahendra
Contributor
0 Kudos

All customization is done in DEV and with every save it generates a transport request. Generally, A process is packed in one single transport request and then it is released thru t-code SE10. which is then extracted into QAS where it is tested and then moved into PRD for end users.

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

all the customizing activities/task are transportable from DEV to QAS and PROD

using the T codes SE01 where all the list can be viewed , then select the task or transport request click on the trucj button .

I hope this helps

assin points it useful

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

The diff in the DEV and QAS could be the use of virtual transport, where the source client is directly provided (eg: DEV) bypassing the QAS. T-Code SCC1

Regards,

Sanjay

Former Member
0 Kudos

To transport the customization from Development to Quality & Production, System will generate change request. In the form of objects in request, the customization setting are transported accordinging. The change request which does not meets the requirement in Quality server, need not be transported to Production server.

Regards,

Rajesh Banka

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am really referring to SPRO - customizing settings? It seems you're referring to ABAP, enhancements to SAP Objects, etc. I notice some things that are set through SPRO can be transported and some it seems that you will have to create across systems.

I am working with Logisctics through SPRO. I compared the DEV and QAS systems, and both have different customized settings that were set by someone else. My thought to this is that the settings were done directly across systems. Otherwise, it would have been the same because of the transports.

The thing is that when I tried to do the settings directly to QAS, the QAS systems saids <i>Client 100 has status 'not modifiable'</i>.

Would you agree with this?

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Usually the customization, SPRO and ABAP changes, are done only in DEV and transported to QAS and later to PRD. This is to make sure no unwanted customizing in done in PRD and also to have the systems on par.

The difference between DEV and QAS could be because certain customization done in DEV would not have been transported to QAS for various reasons. If QAS has status not modifiable then it could not have been done directly across systems.

Reward if helped.

Regards

Pratheb Nadarajah

former_member601419
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Check Scc4, there you will see an option of automatic transport of changes or something on those lines.

So your basis would enable this for your developments system but this would be disabled in QA and prod.

so you cant change any config in QA and prod

hope this helps

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

normally QAS and PRD would not be allowed for any SPRO changes as we need move the cofigurations from DEV only. So you are getting this message.

there is a small possibility of change in cofiguration settings because the QAS and DEV systems are copied by the PRD say every 30 days, 45 days or even 15 days by some companies. So any change made during this period, is not available in QAS but only in <b>PRD and golden client of DEV</b> not others clients also of DEV for that matter.

Hope this clarifies.

Pl reward if helpful.

Thanks,

Sadhu Kishore

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi spice,

any customization or program we develop in dev generates a request. Using this we move it to QAS and test it. Found good, such requests are transported to PRD also wherein the enduser would be using that developed functionality.

So if the developement has to be PRD, then we need to test in QAS meaning any customization we do are all required to be transported to have them in sync.

we dont need to customize in QAS and PRD that way. Also there would be no permissions to customize anything in QAS and PRD. Its only DEV.

Hope it helps. Pl reward if useful.

Thanks

Sadhu Kishore

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Spice girls,

As per my understanding no need to customize in all DEV, QAS, and PRD.

Customisations are done in development and are requested to transport in Quality and then to production after higher approvals.

Please correct me if am wrong

Ghassan