cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data Store from Web Service

sap_cohort
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I have a Web Service that outputs just one value 'Sales Force' When I create a Data Store off of it I don't see the field as available to put into the store.

Any Ideas! Help!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

ankur_garg5
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Kenneth,

Lets see if this helps...

You have your ABAP web service in your storyboard. Drag a Data Store in you storyboard now. Configure the Data Store by adding a field of the same data type as that of the output field of your web service. Now connect the output port of your web service to the port of the Data Store. Click on the line connecting these two ports, and do the mapping, i.e. change the Assigned Value from the drop down and set it as the output parameter of the web service whose value you want to store in the Data Store.

Bye

Ankur

Do reward points if it helps!!

sap_cohort
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Got it. This field was not showing up because it was not connected probably. Although, I could have swore I tried even with it connected. Anyway, I can see it now.

Thanks All!

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

sap_cohort
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Would like to understand this further

Former Member
0 Kudos

You must connect your webservice with the datastore and then assign the value into the new field.

Best Regards,

Marcel

Former Member
0 Kudos

Have you add a field in your datastore of the same data type, which your webservice returns?

Best Regards,

Marcle

sap_cohort
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I could add a field of the same type, but then you need to populate it somehow. The Web Service Output value does not appear anywhere as available.

Have you successfully added a value into a store directly from a Web Service?

Thanks! Ken Murray

sap_cohort
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Looks like you can't store the value directly from a Web Service. The value must first be placed into a UI Element? Anyone care to comment?

Procedure

1. In your model, drag out from the out port of the UI component whose data is to be

stored, and choose Data Store from the context menu.