cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IDOC SHPCON fails - error VL243

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all

We're using IDoc SHPCON (Basic type DELVRY07), so our external partner can send confirmation and post goods issue. However, we don't need any handling unit information and we don't want to pack. Thus, the segment E1EDL37 (Handling unit header) remains empty.

Our problem is that the inbound IDoc fails due to the error: "Field EXIDV empty" when the whole segment isn't populated. Once the segment E1EDL37 is deleted, the error is: "Specification of destination HU missing" - message no. HUFUNCTIONS231

I don't get it since the segment E1EDL37 isn't defined as mandatory. Also, when I confirm and post in transaction, no HU's are needed.

I've checked for answers in the community but couldn't fine one.

What could be the problem here? Any help is much appreciated!

Thank you

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

abderzah
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hello, I am facing the same issue but with posting Goods receipt against an inbound delivery!I already posted the question here but no response so far.

Thank you for sharing any idea helping to resolve this issue.

0 Kudos

If you dont need HU's to be posted through IDOC, just ask sender to delete HU-related segment E1EDL37 for all upcoming idocs. You can also do it yourself for received idocs in WE19

abderzah
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hi Eldar, I did but the error keeps araising!

0 Kudos

Hi SAP Guru's,

I am facing the similar issue, if it is answered please help me out. I do not find answers in SAP Blogs

Regards

Prabhu

Jelena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Check the SAP Notes.

If the same exact data works in transaction and doesn't work in the IDoc then open an incident with SAP Support. Give them all the information, screenshots, etc. and ask what the heck.

Jelena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Have you tried typing "Field EXIDV empty site:sap.com" in Google? It finds over 200 results.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, I've tried that. A couple of the hits are actually about the same question. However, there has never been an answer on this very question. Thank you anyway! Any other ideas?

Thank you!

Former Member
0 Kudos

No ideas?

I also tried with basic type DELVRY01 and DELIVRY03 - same result. Function module is IDOC_INPUT_DELVRY

Does anybody have a solution for this?

Thank you