Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

we can use the same output type for two media

former_member243884
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I created a output type (ex: xxxx) for external send, print and fax(entire config is done for the same) media, maintained a condition record with this type for external send medium and this output type for external send getting determined automatically when the sales order is created, no output type for other two print out and fax, even I tried to add condition record for print out and fax media, but it saying condition record is already exist for the customer. Please let me know what other steps should be carried out to get output type determined automatically in sales order for print out and fax and can we use the same output type (xxxx) for all 3 media, if so how to maintain condition records to get 3 determined automatically when order is created. Please help me on this.

BR

VR

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Jelena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Kindly search in Google before posting questions on SCN. There are many existing posts on how to issue output to print and email at the same time (wouldn't be different if you add the third medium). A simple look at the key fields in NAST table makes it obvious that it's not feasible to issue the same output type to the same partner with different mediums simultaneously because medium is not part of the key.

jpfriends079
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Venkat,

This is standard, the system will not determine all the access sequence of condition record in one document, even though you have maintained different  transmission medium for each access. As per condition technique, the system will determine the first key combination found valid in the condition record.

Moreover, your system will not allow you to maintain different transmission medium for the same access. Therefore, if you like to have all the different transmission medium getting determined in your document, then you have to create multiple output types. You can't cater this requirement with one output type.

Thanks, JP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

you need to determine your output several times (each one for a different media):

so you need to create tables and add them to your secuence access and all will be no exclusive.

For example, a table could by sales organization and sold-to for printing, a second table could be by sales organization, sold-to and ship-to for sending by fax... You´ll need to mantain all condition records.

Regards,

JM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi VR,

as explained, messages determined automatically in different accesses on the same access sequence. Partner function must be different for each one.

Regards,

JM