cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Order pricing

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, I am new to the forum, so hopefully I am posting in the correct one

We are using SAP R3 and I have a question regarding the correct way of pricing an order for a contract price.

In the norm, we have a standard pricing procedure setup which

1) Looks at the list price

2)  Goes to the price group for that customer and picks up any discounts

3)  Goes to the sold to level picks and up any discounts

4)  Then applies the "last" discount found against the list price.

Therefore, if customer 111 is on price group 02 and there is a discount in price group 02 of 30% and against the customer record a discount of 25%, it will always take 25%, ie the customer record.  We do not want to change that.

However, we also have lets say a contract price that is applicable to many customers , infact it depends where the order lands so we cannot determine who the customer may be at the outset and enter quotations.

We have specific unique prices for this contract.

The question is therefore, how do we automatically get that price onto the customers order. At the moment, we have setup a price group for this contract, holding all the special agreed discounts.  We could and it works to a point, just change the price group at the order line level when entering. However, if sold to has a unique price, that will always pull through, as explained above.

So how should we deal with a contract price at order entry, applicable to many customers.

Many thanks

Kevin

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

moazzam_ali
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

If you know the pricing techniques you could do this. You just need to map the different condition tables from specific to general. Customer material table should be on top of the list and general tables in subsequent steps.

Thank$

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Pricing will always be based on for what combination you maintain condition record and the sequence you set in access sequence. 

G. Lakshmipathi