Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Onboarding interfaces Successfactors

harish_babu5
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi

I am doing SuccessFactors integration for onboarding. What is the target adapter that I need to use?

Should I use SFSF adapter or OData or SOAP Axis adapter? Which is the best adapter?

I faced lots of bugs in the standard integration content that I used for the EmployeeData integration. Is there any issue like that for this?

Regards

Harish

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The Standard Content for Onboarding from SAP uses 2 Adapter Types for Integration with SF For Onboarding

• SOAP Axis
  • SFSF Adapter with ODATA Protocol

Have you checked the SAP Rapid Deployment Solution content for Onboarding at service.sap.com/rds at the path below? This contains detailed guides for the Onboarding Interfaces.

harish_babu5
Participant
0 Kudos

HI Bhavesh

There are seven interfaces. Some things appear confusing. Is it like we need to use SFSF for few interfaces and SOAP Axis for some other interfaces. Or can we use SOAP Axis for all interfaces?

I was specifically asking about the channel configurations for PI at the receiver Success Factors side. Since we are on PI 7.4 dual stack, we don't need communication channels to connect ECC with PI

Regards

Harish

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Harish,

The Interfaces use a combination of SOAP Axis Adapter and SFSF Adapter depending on the functionality. Below is what my notes have from my previous experience in Onboarding for SFSF. It could be that the Standard Content has been updated and hence you see more Interfaces since I last did this exercise over a year back.

If you notice, there are some interfaces that use SFSF with ODATA Protocol and some with SOAP Axis and hence you need to use both channels depending on what Interface you are configuring.

The best way to make sure you configure the Interfaces right is to use the Communication Channel template provided by SAP in the standard content and the corresponding Process Integration Scenarios for Configuration.

Regards,

Bhavesh

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

0 Kudos

Dear Harish,

I assume to use SOAP Adapter with AXIS extension.

Please refer to note 2323611 -> You will find the known issues with the adapter, and find two example scenario configuration.

Best regards,

Bence