cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Personas with GUI 740 patch 8

cn1976
Explorer
0 Kudos

Have recently moved up to version 740 of the GUI with patch 8. This allows personas screens to render either in the GUI or in installed NWBC rather than having to go through an internet link.

Flavours which previously worked OK in the internet version do not fully render in the GUI. We are getting errors like

'session.findByID(...)' is null or nor an object

Src: Microsoft JScript runtime error

Line:2 Error:0 Scode:8001238f

Code Line:

Is there any expectation for previously created flavours to render OK in the GUI at this release, or will flavours need to be redeveloped?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

tamas_hoznek
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Personas support in the SAP GUI is still in beta and is behind the browser. Check note 2080071 for the general statement and more details about this.

Btw. patch 9 for SAP GUI is out and at this time, the highest available patch is needed for Personas to provide the best available experience.

If I remember correctly, patch 9 resolves the mentioned "JScript runtime error".

cn1976
Explorer
0 Kudos

Thanks for this. Have moved up to patch 9, still getting the same error. Have asked the colleaguewho made the flavour if anything he did is listed as a limitation in the OSS Note

tamas_hoznek
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

That's strange because I remember that the same Jscript error was resolved on my laptop after applying patch 9 of the SAP GUI.

If no item in the limitation list applies to you flavor, then it's time to create an OSS incident directed to component BC-FES-GUI.

Answers (0)